Craigslist Polk Speakers

Options
zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
It's funny to me when people post non-discript thing without pictures for sale.
Looking into this ad, I feel like these are 2.3TLs. What do ya'll think? I'd at least like to have some sort of baseline before I would contact the seller.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/352899792.html
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Sigh....if I were only closer. I would take the chance and go check them out with $$$ in hand!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    It's funny to me when people post non-discript thing without pictures for sale.
    Looking into this ad, I feel like these are 2.3TLs. What do ya'll think? I'd at least like to have some sort of baseline before I would contact the seller.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/352899792.html

I think that it's worth a drive over to see them,,2.3's or tl's.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited June 2007
    Options
    My 2.3TL are...

20.5 x 13 x 55.

They gotta be 2.3. $600 is a steal if they are decent.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Ihave been talking with them they ae indeed 2.3 says they are in excellent condition. I am trying to get the money together. I was going to make an offer tonight. If you got the cash go for it. they have the interconnect also they are just downsizeing.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    Options
    If I had the cash right now, I'd send on of my family members up there on a mission.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    Options
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would have Christmas everyday.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hmm...come to think of it, my parents are in Washington by the ocean at the moment. I wonder if I could persuade them to haul them around for awhile till I get to Colorado and pick them up....hmmmm. I mean, the coach IS 44 foot...there should be space in there!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Somebody should buy these. I never did figure out who got the 1.2s in Port Orchard.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Just made an offer. I should know if they have sold or if she took my offer real soon.
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Looks like they took my offer ( 500.00) just have to see them and pick them up. oh yea come up with 500.00. :;)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2007
    Options
    hope they are in functional shape, for that money it would be a hell of a deal. why cant that crap happen here :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Who puts speakers like that up for sale with no pics????? Makes no since.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Let us know how they sound Dave! I e-mailed them when first posted too but never got a response. You must have beat me to it. :p