best cd-player?

noobaslt
noobaslt Posts: 26
edited June 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
never left your cd player in car when you in supermaket...

i wanna ask about best cd-player around 200$-300$ maybe more...
Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
db6501
more coming soon.... :rolleyes:
Post edited by noobaslt on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited June 2007
    bset for what, sound? ease of use? features?
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • noobaslt
    edited June 2007
    i wanna sound be good and maybe usb feature
    Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    db6501
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    edited June 2007
    KENWOOD eXCELON players are very good.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • eloplayspolo
    edited June 2007
    will u be using an amp or just the head unit ?
    2013 Toyota Prius
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • noobaslt
    edited June 2007
    apm will connect sub only
    Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    db6501
  • eloplayspolo
    edited June 2007
    in that case your RCA's will not matter much, i would recomend a pioneer premier or regular pioneer, they look great, sound great, perform lots of functions, have subwoofer control, and aren't too bad in price at all.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    edited June 2007
    will u be using an amp or just the head unit ?

the Kenwood model supports it and has Burr-Brown a/d.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2007
    i despise pioneer.

Panasonic are, in my opinion, the best 'poor man's' head units on the planet -- extremely cheap for what they offer you as far as features and quality, and they perform adequately. For $200 you can get one hell of a Panasonic deck. But, they are by no means 'the best', just a nice option when you're on a tight **** budget.

Kenwood Excelon are, at this point in time, what I feel to be the highest quality, best options (every option on my KW X is useful and effective... no glitz, no glam... just a lot of good features and no ****). I used to (as many people did) reserve the title of 'best' for Alpine, but those days are long gone. Kenwood's where it's at, unless you want to dump a pile of change on a McIntosh (which just happens to be designed about an hour south of me).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    As a dealer of Kenwood, Clarion, JVC, and Pioneer, Pioneer is hands down the most reliable. The 960 is the exception, but every other radio weve had maybe 3 come back in the 2 years Ive been there. Weve had about 6 Clarions and almost over 10 Kenwood decks come back with something wrong. And we sell more Pioneer than anything else...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    I've had Kenwoods, Pioneers, Clarions, etc. as far as band for the buck, and reliability I would go with a pioneer, and they have plenty of features to boot.
  • eloplayspolo
    edited June 2007
    Do me a favor and hold a pioneer and then hold a panasionic, the panasonic feels mickey mouse, almost like a toy
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2007
    Panasonic is cheesey -- I don't deny that. But for a $200 deck, you get 3 pre-outs at 2.5 volts, their version of BBE (SHDB er whatever its called), bass / mid / trebble, mp3 / wma playback, satellite ready (sometimes), aux input (in varying flavors that may require you to cut a harness but it works), a flip down detachable face that doesn't break the first time you pull it off the deck, respectable S/N ratio, and overall decent (note, decent, not great) quality.

It's not a bad purchase considering for $200 with another company, you may get an overall more sturdy and higher quality deck, but it'll be pretty damn bare bones.

That being said, I've have nothing but bad luck with Pioneers. Two broken (admittedly they were both purchased used from previous owners and may very well have had the living crap beaten out of them by stupid owners), one that had such a 'fat' flip down face (it was a standard din but the faceplate had almost no trim ring around it) that it wouldn't open properly in the dash opening... made for real fun.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • noobaslt
    edited June 2007
    i found on forum some good stuff like
    Pioneer DEH-P880PRS and Eclipse CD7000
    both are good loking. Now i wana know which is better
    and because im buying one of these then ill have too upgrade my speakers and all other ... :)
    so.. i wana that you tell my what i could buy for good sound? tell me in set's
    i will wait for your opinios will be glad to hear it :)
    Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    db6501
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    That Pioneer has a ton of tuning features. Time alignemt, pretty solid crossover and independant L/R 16 band EQ. That would be the one I take.

Im with Vinny on the Pannys. They make very good head units and are generally loaded with features. Plus they look pretty good too. I have no problem recommending them to people.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • eloplayspolo
    edited June 2007
    eclipse for sound quality and pioneer for features. if u are using an amp that is.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Another vote for Panny, albiet limited CA experience.

Solid decks, almost bulletproof. Nothing that will impress the masses, but solid nontheless.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    That Pioneer has a ton of tuning features. Time alignemt, pretty solid crossover and independant L/R 16 band EQ. That would be the one I take.

I have this unit, and while it has all of these features, and sounds pristine with all stock speakers, said features are a pain in the **** to setup, the menus also suck in my opinion as well....It takes a while to get used to the way it works...That said, I still recommend it because I think after all is said and done, it is the best head unit SQ wise I have ever owned...The buttons get a little mushy over time as well....It will take a solid day to do all of the auto alignment and to tweak it the first time around...It will take another day or two to really get it dialed in....It will cost you another $50 in order to hook your iPod up though...Separate box. I was slightly angry about this...:mad:
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2007
    noobaslt wrote: »
    and maybe usb feature

The Alpine iDA- X001 is quite nice.
  • dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited June 2007
    Kenwood eXcelon X491 or Pioneer DEH-P6900UB for iPod control. They both feature iPod control via USB for very fast operation and also transport the audio digitally to the HU for the best SQ.

Only Alpine deck I can recommend at the moment is the CDA-9887.

I'd pick the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS though if you want no-frills with a ton of tuning features and great SQ.
  • noobaslt
    edited June 2007
    thanks all for their opinions :) i ll try Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    db6501