Another good night....

strider
strider Posts: 2,568
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
hanging with MillerLiteScott last night. Left his house around 2am after running the audio gauntlet. Got a chance to listen to his tube amp/RTA11t combo, listened to cuts off of Live in Paris/Diana Krall. WOW, what a vocal presentation. Switched things up to his SDA 2B's and his S/S amp, and threw on some Beatles, getting quite a good education on them in the process. SVS demo was next, then back to 2 channel and DSOTM. The width of his soundstage blows mine away. The Stancor transformer I have in my AI-1 interconnect needs to go ASAP. I'd been told this before, but after hearing the difference it makes, I was floored. All in all, a damn good time.
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    Cool!

I think I mentioned this to you previously, but I have an original AI-1 you can borrow sometime if you want to A/B it with yours.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited June 2007
    All you guys scare me. If I ended up at your house auditioning I'd end up broke and divorced. Or.............you'd probably end up locked in the closet while I got new gear.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    Ben,

Good time last night. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope to get a better amp for the SDA's for some more listening.

It is great to have someone who appreciates music and equipment come to hear what I have going on here.

I wish we had more time to demo the Monitor 5's and the tube amps. While they don't have a lot of deep bass the do sound very sweet with the tubes.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • strider
    edited June 2007
    Cool!

I think I mentioned this to you previously, but I have an original AI-1 you can borrow sometime if you want to A/B it with yours.

I would like that very much, thank you. Jesse had told me the Stancor in mine was holding the SDA effect back, but I had no idea how much. Last night was the first time I'd heard any SDA's besides my own. Listening to DSOTM and the Beatles "One" album, I was floored.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    edited June 2007
    I wish we had more time to demo the Monitor 5's and the tube amps. While they don't have a lot of deep bass the do sound very sweet with the tubes.

Yeah, me to. I'm paying the price today, though. I'm not as young as I used to be, 3.5 hours of sleep would've been way more then enough a few years ago!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Cool this is what makes this club such a great place. Good stuff guys!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Glad you guys had a good time.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    Those RTA11t's you listened to were purchased new, at the McGuire Air Force Base BX in 1989, for $290/pair. By me. Long story.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    "Long story"....he means he rubbed his dingus all over them....more than once.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited June 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    "Long story"....he means he rubbed his dingus all over them....more than once.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too effin funny jesse......:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    I know the story. George, maybe you could become a hired gun, "personal shopper" when you retire? ;)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    I liked them so much, I went back to the BX a couple days later and walked out with another brand new pair for $272. And I did dry hump the **** out of the first pair as soon as I got them home. The right speaker opened right up after that.

That's not a bad idea Mike.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    Enough of the dingus talk about my speakers. Glad I gave them a good cleaning.

I listened to part of Sade Love Deluxe last night on my SDA's and I was was floored by the sound stage.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D