I love watching first time SDA listeners

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
My buddy came over again with a relative to listen to my SDA's again. I put on some music, and got the same response from the newbie I always get. I just sat there watching him out of the corner of my eye. He was looking for the invisible speakers that are spread trough out the listening area that everyone else looks for.:confused: It gives me a warm fuzzy giggly feeling that reminds me of when I first heard SDA's. My buddy always tells me thats all he heard about on the ride home every time. He shows them off to more people than I do.:D Its funny to listen to him tell people about how clear they sound. How much bass they have. The other night he came in for a listen. Played a couple of tracks. He told me how nice, and tight the sub complimented my speakers. I turned the sub off before playing some music.:D He thought I turned it on! I can't wait to get my big ones done! I am feeling fuzzy,and warm all over again!
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I've had them pull the curtains back and look behind the couches.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I had a friend get up off the couch and put his ear right in front of the center channel. He was like wow not only do they have crazy separation, but it still sounds like there is sound coming from your center and sides.
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Never heard SDA's, would love too but really afraid I would want to buy a set after hearing them...

With my job and budget, no way I can afford them
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Options
    duksbak wrote: »
    Never heard SDA's, would love too but really afraid I would want to buy a set after hearing them...

With my job and budget, no way I can afford them

I've seen SDAs as low as $275.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I saw a set on cl for 125 in the Detroit area
  • duksbak
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Wow I had no idea SDA's were that low in cost...

hmmmmmm
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Options
    duksbak wrote: »
    Wow I had no idea SDA's were that low in cost...

hmmmmmm

What area are you in? I'm sure there is somebody who has them that isn't too far away. At least you could get your ears on!:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • duksbak
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Austin, TX

Its not hell but you can see it from here.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited June 2007
    Options
    A lot of good deal on Polk on CL in Texas. Just keep looking here or the Texas CL's.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • WolfKiyoshi
    WolfKiyoshi Posts: 96
    edited June 2007
    Options
    i let my friend listen to mine a few days ago i thought he crapped himself! i won twenty bucks off of him :D he thought i had my sub going lmao! i bet him i didn't so yeah i picked up the sub disconnected it and let him hold it to PROVE its not a sub :D its just so amazing the sound that'll pump out of these babies