WTS SACD & Dual Disk (CD & DVD)

Options
G-2
G-2 Posts: 533
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
**SOLD to Toxis**

1-Gary Burton, with Chick Corea, Pat Metheny, Roy Hanes, and Dave Holland Super Audio CD/CD (Hybrid that plays on regular CD players and SACD players. We got this one as a duplicate, and opened it before we realized it. It is Mint.
2-John Mayer-Room For Squares Dual Disk. Side one is the entire CD and side 2 is a DVD and contains the entire album in 5.1 surround as well as a short documentary. It is Mint.
Burton-Mayerfront8x6.jpg
Burtonback8x6.jpg
Mayerback8x6.jpg

Take them both for WAS $22.00, $18.00 NOW $16.00 paypal'd and delivered ConUS.
Home Theater
Chane
A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
Polk
RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
Post edited by G-2 on

Comments

• G-2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Pics added
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,216
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hate to say it, but you are asking more than Amazon for these. Used CD/SACD prices generally hover around 50-60% of new price, unless they are out of print rarities.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • G-2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks Bill! We've adjusted the prices downward and will entertain offers if anyone thinks we're still priced to high.
    Home Theater
    Chane

2 - Channel
    Polk
  • G-2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Another Price Drop...
    Home Theater
    Chane

2 - Channel
    Polk
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    Options
    $16? Sure why not! Never heard of the first album so I'll give it a shot. Don't own any Mayer but his stuff is pretty well recorded.

PM me your info.

Will Dual Discs work in Denon DVD players? I've heard of issues.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • billbillw
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Toxis wrote: »
    Will Dual Discs work in Denon DVD players? I've heard of issues.

With my DVD-2900, the DVD side would play, but not the CD side. Each disc is a little different though, so its basically try it and see.
  • G-2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    With my DVD-2900, the DVD side would play, but not the CD side. Each disc is a little different though, so its basically try it and see.

Pretty much the same for our Integra 8.5 though the CD side plays in the 2006 Camry, and just about every other CD player in the house.
    Home Theater
    Chane

2 - Channel
    Polk
  • Toxis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    screw it... I'll take 'em. :) Payment being sent right now...

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Getting off the sinking ship while you still can G2? I've noticed this happening with lots of sacd owners - i suppose this means certain death for the format. A shame really. No reason the hybrids shouldn't have succeeded in the marketplace considering they had the most successful format in history to piggyback on.

Anyways, congrats Toxis. It's getting harder to find a wider selection beyond classical these days.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Toxis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'd love to find some good Classical on SACD. "Requiem" style, very emotional and powerful... but I know nothing of classical so I don't know what to look for.

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I still buy lots of SACD.

Congrats on your purchase, if you like classical the Mercury Living Presence sets available at Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct are fairly low cost and excellent recordings.

RT1
  • billbillw
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I still buy quite a few of them. I think the format is alive and well, doing much better than DVD-A.
  • G-2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    I still buy quite a few of them. I think the format is alive and well, doing much better than DVD-A.

We gotta totally agree with you Bill, we continue to upgrade some of our favorites to SACD (Hybrids where possible) and often buy our new stuff in the SACD format where possible. Plenty of places to acquire SACD's and the sound is simply outstanding. We prefer it to DVD-A. We've still got Vinyl, but no TT. We still do the majority of music listening in 2 channel on the mains, and they sound great!!!
    Home Theater
    Chane

2 - Channel
    Polk
  • Toxis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Just got back in town from a wedding in Denver and what do I find waiting for me?

Great packing job! I'll be giving you a +1 to shack and "the list." Thanks again!