Road ragin' part II...the vindication

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Reading the road rage thread I almost forgot what just recently happened with my son.

Long story short...he's sitting at a red light, waiting to make a right on red. Meanwhile, this road-raging idiot behind him is blowing her horn, waving her hands in the air, etc, etc, wanting him to GO. He ignores her because he hasn't had a break in the traffic to GO. Wellllll...idiot-stick decides to swing around the left from behind him, and make her right turn...BAM!!

She got T-boned; right in front of my son, daughter-in-law and 3 grandchildren.

Can you say poetic justice? I think so. The idiot was ok, BTW. My son stayed to give a statement to the police and make sure that numb-nuts was alright.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Freakin' idiot! Glad to hear your family walked away unscathed. If I had been in the same situation and with no loved ones in the vehicle, I probably would have gotten a bit of a chuckle. If everyone was OK, of course...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2007
    I would have chucked, regardless.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
  • steveinaz
    edited June 2007
    I'm sure Curt did get a chuckle out of that one. After making sure she was alright, I would have laughed uncontrollably in her face.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    I love that Nascar commercial.

"He got T-Boned."

"T-Boned?!?!?"

"Well done."
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • steveinaz
    edited June 2007
    I once asked my older brother David, a college professor mind you, what he thought about road rage. His response: "Road rage is like a monkey throwing **** in a cage, it serves no purpose." To which I shot a stream of beer thru my nose, ears, practically every opening I have in laughter.

Good answer, Professor.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    I can't say I've never had road rage, but at some point you realize how truly pointless (and dangerous) it is. I assume this is one of those things that is true for most of life as you grow older and wiser.

Or something.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.