Dumb Question About LSi's

phuzphuz Posts: 2,413
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Do the dual binding posts require bi-wiring? Or can regular wiring work as well?

Just exactly how are those posts hooked up to the crossovers?

Thx :)
Post edited by phuz on


  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,917
    edited September 2002

    Regular wiring will work perfectly. Sorry, I can't answer the second question.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

    President of Club Polk

  • TroyDTroyD Posts: 12,144
    edited September 2002

    Basically in a 2 way crossover one set of binding posts will provide power to the upper frequency driver and one set will power the lower driver(s). If you choose to biamp or biwire you would remove the jumper and run wire to each set of binding posts. If you choose NOT to biwire/biamp, run wire to one set of posts with the jumper in place. The jumper passes the juice to the other set of posts.

    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • phuzphuz Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2002
    Ahh I didn't know about the jumper. Thanks guys.

    I have bi-wire, but it's not currently setup for bi-wire (one set up plugs with both wires attached).

    Thanks again. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!