Well...its 4:55 AM EDST....

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
...and I just got my youngest packed up to head to Bonnaroo. We let her use the Honda Element because it is the perfect vehicle for camping/parking at this type of event.

In a few hours I'll be taking my older daughter to the airport. She is off to Poland for two weeks to study at the University of Krak
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    You sound proud...and you should be; they didn't make it this far on their own you know ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    You got it Steve.

RT1
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    Don't watch Hostel II while she's gone. ;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Whats Bonnaroo?
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Great father's raise kids to understand responsibilty.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Whats Bonnaroo?

Probably the coolest music festival on the planet:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Where is it. Im going to musikfest in betlahem Pa in August.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Manchester, Tennessee
    http://www.bonnaroo.com/
    People come from all over the world to attend. Kind of has a modern-day Woodstock vibe to it.

Wow Shack!! Sounds like you're the model father. Here's to a safe journey for your oldest daughter.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Manchester, Tennessee
    http://www.bonnaroo.com/
    People come from all over the world to attend. Kind of has a modern-day Woodstock vibe to it.

Wow Shack!! Sounds like you're the model father. Here's to a safe journey for your oldest daughter.

Thanks for the link.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    /facepalm

Bonnaroo can't possibly still be underground?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Well Shack, sounds like you did your most important job correctly, cheers to you!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    Agree with all the others. Good job DAD!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    It's an excellent musical festival but the last one I went to had too many folks hanging onto the Greatful Dead theme. Get over it, get a job.

You can't get anymore Magnum PI than Steve.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    To update...as of this morning both had made it safely to their destinations. Somehow the younger one driving to Bonnaroo seemed to be the one with the greater sense of relief that she arrived safely. She only had to wait 3 hours in traffic to get into the site. Now her mom and I are just hoping she wasn't one of the naked girls in the fountain that was reported in this morning’s newspaper article... (she is a fairly modest young lady so we are probably safe there...).

The one in Europe left me a copy of her itinerary...these girls have it together! All transportation and lodging throughout Europe is already locked in and paid for. Several tours are already lined up and paid for (ie: Historic Rome tour, bicycling through the gardens of Versailles, Le Louvre, etc..). I for one am a bit envious (except for the hostels....I prefer HOTELS...the more stars the better!).

Thanks for the well wishes folks. I HAVE been blessed with two really good kids.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2007
    bonnaroo looks pretty kick **** this year... Hope they both have a safe, fun time. I'm hoping to make it to one day of pitchfork festival this year. Went to lollapalooza last year... but this year the ticket prices are stupid expensive. ugh.

hope they have a blast!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »
    To update...as of this morning both had made it safely to their destinations. Somehow the younger one driving to Bonnaroo seemed to be the one with the greater sense of relief that she arrived safely. She only had to wait 3 hours in traffic to get into the site. Now her mom and I are just hoping she wasn't one of the naked girls in the fountain that was reported in this morning’s newspaper article... (she is a fairly modest young lady so we are probably safe there...).

The one in Europe left me a copy of her itinerary...these girls have it together! All transportation and lodging throughout Europe is already locked in and paid for. Several tours are already lined up and paid for (ie: Historic Rome tour, bicycling through the gardens of Versailles, Le Louvre, etc..). I for one am a bit envious (except for the hostels....I prefer HOTELS...the more stars the better!).

Thanks for the well wishes folks. I HAVE been blessed with two really good kids.

No youth hostel? :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.