The Plan According to Robin Williams

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says "I love New York " in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams......
Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...
(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, s tarting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines They don't want us there, anyway. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort
to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while .

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given
to the army. The people who need
it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10 ) All Amer icans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it..or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer
saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Love it!

For the humor anyways.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited June 2007
    Yep.

Don't stop ................. fade to black
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited June 2007
    Right on brother!!!! Nothing wrong with a single word he said. Too bad those kind of words will never get our politicians off their fat & lazy asses.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    I know Im a foreigner but I think he nailed it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Yup thats it, Lets do it.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    It's a great idea to me, but it isn't Robin William's plan.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    I'll second that motion!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    I copied his Live on Broadway stand-up from 2002 on my IPOD and play it regularly on my way driving to work. The topics are still relevant after 5 years...still VERY entertaining!

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10642&highlight=robin+on+broadway
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    It's still a great plan!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    Yes it is.

And if you're quick, one you can take credit for.;)
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    imagine if that plan was used a hundred years ago. Alot of the people in this forum wouldn't be posting for the US
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    Robin Williams is more liberal than Rosie O'Donnell. I was going to say there was no way in hell he said any of that, and then noticed the Snopes article.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    imagine if that plan was used a hundred years ago. Alot of the people in this forum wouldn't be posting for the US

A hundred years ago these types of problems being dealt with today didn't exist. Immigrants were ecstatic to come to this country, do what was necessary to become an American citizen, and obey the laws rather than feel entitled to American freedoms by coming here illegally sucking the life out of our system and also trying to blow us up!
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »

things change...different times
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    taken as a first approximation, most of the ideas are pretty good... except for 1 (crap), 7 (morally suspect), and 8 (cessation is not the solution)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs