Weird Things Wives Do...

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Does your wife/significant other do weird things that only a woman would do?

Example: My wife hires a cleaning lady about 3 or 4 times per year. But before she arrives, my wife cleans up the house because she doesn't want the cleaning lady to think we're too messy. So the cleaning lady comes over to clean a house that's already been cleaned!!
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited June 2007
    As long as she does not block you from buying audio stuff, she is fine.
  • icky4
    icky4 Posts: 27
    edited June 2007
    LOL! It gets even weirder when they are pregnant. My wife started crying during the NCAA tournament when she watched the highlights of some team she had never seen make a last second shot to win. She doesnt even like basketball either!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Tons of stuff. But I'm not going to risk my life by posting such things here.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited June 2007
    Early B. wrote: »

Example: My wife hires a cleaning lady about 3 or 4 times per year. But before she arrives, my wife cleans up the house because she doesn't want the cleaning lady to think we're too messy. So the cleaning lady comes over to clean a house that's already been cleaned!!

How funny but also true. A close friend of ours has her own cleaning company. She sees that all the time. Women don't want to be embarrased or talked about. They'll clean up before the cleaner arrives. Go figure. Just make sure you use that yellow caution tape to partition off your gear so the cleaner doesn't knock anything over.

The CD set I got rom you is fantastic. In fact I have Jazz at the Pawnshop on now.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    +1 on Shizelbs' post ;)
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    My Mom does the "cleaning lady clean-up" deal too :rolleyes: I'm pleased to say my wife isn't as weird.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Early B. wrote: »

My wife does the exact same thing. She's just a clean freak. A Yin to my Yang, if you will. Glad to see I'm not alone:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    I'm sworn to secrecy...

I also like sex...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    They tell you what you thinking and argue with you if you tell them their wrong.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    I confess...I do the cleaning lady thing as well.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2007
    My Mom is one of the weirdest ever. She used to have a fit if we tried to go down to the pool with towels that didn't match our swimsuits. Everything has to match. She's got a blue checkbook for one account and a brown checkbook for another. The checks have to match the checkbook. A while ago she ordered brown checks for the brown checkbook. Well it turns out that they were actually alternating colors (brown/blue/brown/blue). Instead of saying 'oh well, I'll use them up anyway' she gets on the phone with the bank and starts bitching about it. She was actually stressed out about it for days. :rolleyes: Needless to say, they sent her new checks. If she gets a writing pad and pen for the kitchen, they have to match the decor...as does the kleenex box and paper towels.
    The other day I was emptying the dishwasher. She goes,"Didn't you know you were supposed to empty the bottom first? Do you always do it that way?"
    I'm like 'ummm...yeah?!' :confused: She goes, "You always, always, always empty the bottom first" I go, "well gee sorry...I guess I didn't see the rule book" :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Well duh... everybody knows you empty the bottom first.. I thought that was common knowledge?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited June 2007
    i just take out what i need when i need it
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    The kids cant play hide and seek in the back of my truck, in fear that they will fall out of the bed and hurt themselve, BUT, she can go 50 MPH with them, down the road, on a 4 wheeler.

I just dont know anymore......
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Dragon... every hear of OCD? I think your Mom needs to talk about this with her Doctor.
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I know. And I've only given you the tip of the iceberg. I wish I could remember the 'odder' ones, and believe me , they're there. I've just purged them from my memory for sanity's sake I think :D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Boy, Dragon, does she give you a hard time when you wash your hair before your body?
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Dragon... every hear of OCD? I think your Mom needs to talk about this with her Doctor.

Wow yes! Definitely OCD.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2007
    I still don't see the problem with unloading the top first... that's how I always do it. ;)
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    wait, wait... what's this about women wanting you to wash your hair last?? am i missing something here??
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    They tell you what you thinking and argue with you if you tell them their wrong.

I'm glad I'm not the only guy that goes through this....:confused:
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited June 2007
    HBombToo wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only guy that goes through this....:confused:

You're not alone.

How about this -- does your wife get madder at you for not being mad at her for being mad?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Just wait until they get a little older. Then the real fun begins.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Carbonated Estrogen is a goofy thing.
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited June 2007
    my wife washes foam cups & plates & keeps them!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    My wife has lived in the same city for 20+ years. I've been here 8. She always likes to tell me all the detours to get around the city instead of using the highways. Unfortunately, she has little sense of time so a quick detour usually results in an average speed of 5mph with a stop light every 5 feet.

I call it her "longcut". She gets mad.