Anyone from the dallas are the drive transport???

JimBRICK
JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I meant AREA! If you do can you PM me thanks
2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Ok; you fixed the AREA part; I still don't know what the rest means. ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited June 2007
    Somebody set up us the bomb!
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Is everyone in this thread taking grammar / English lessons from Engtaz or what?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    I need to know is anyone from the dallas area drives transport for a living? or travels to michigan.
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    No speaka Engrish
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Not trying to kill your possible deal or anything, but. . .

you can do regional searches on Agon and Ebay. Maybe targetting speakers closer to your area would be better than trying to ship $200 speakers across country. They are great $200 speakers, to be sure, but if you add the cost (money, time, effort) of shipping them, there may be some better options for you.

Again, sorry to poo-poo a potential deal, hope you find that Dallas based trucker that's heading up to Michigan's UP next week, but finding a good speaker in Michigan to begin with may prove to be more fruitful.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Is everyone in this thread taking grammar / English lessons from Engtaz or what?

Juay du yu sey dat??????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1184709820

Maybe you could look into these. Maybe he'd be willing to meet up near Mackinac Island :)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    All your base are belong to us!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    You have no chance to survive make your time.
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1184709820

Maybe you could look into these. Maybe he'd be willing to meet up near Mackinac Island :)

I can't look at links I'm at work :( damn proxy

I just figured with the pi's 200 for the speaks and slip the trucker 100 bucks for his efforts, i'd be laffing. Nothing like having one of a kind speakers

I'm talking to a guy from ann arbour mich about a set of monitor 10's and I'm waiting for some pics and a price
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Go to Audiogon, click go or search. Type in 48 in the zip code field. See what pops up. Then, type 49 in the zip code field, and see what pops up.

If you're looking for a great deal on audio in general (not a specific piece of gear), this is often the best way to go about it. You can also do searches on ebay within cetain distances of your zip.

That's how I do it, anyway.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    It almost feels like a different language....LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    Go to Audiogon, click go or search. Type in 48 in the zip code field. See what pops up. Then, type 49 in the zip code field, and see what pops up.

If you're looking for a great deal on audio in general (not a specific piece of gear), this is often the best way to go about it. You can also do searches on ebay within cetain distances of your zip.

That's how I do it, anyway.

Awesome thanks for the tip I didn't know I could search that way.
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    andy this is a little off topic but with that integrated if I get a tube cd player will that make a big difference.
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    I'm not sure, what are you using currently, what are you thinking of getting for a tube CDP, and what are you looking for with regards to sound?

I think the PE A35R is a really nice, clean (looking and sounding), sleek, and convenient integrated. It worked great with bookshelfs for HT and music in a bedroom system. I think if you got a decent CDP, it would sound great with the PE. However, I wouldn't go out and spend $500 on CDP to mate with a $250 MSRP integrated.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007

I agree.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    no I agree and I'm not changing that PE I got from you. But everyone keeps saying in here "get tubes somewhere in your system" So really the cdp is my only option
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Sure, try a tube CDP out if you find one for a good deal.

As long as you buy used and get a good deal on gear, you can always resell it and break even. One of the very best parts of this hobby.