It's a sad day, Mr. Wizard died

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Very sad. Grew up on Mr Wizard.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited June 2007
    I got in more trouble trying to recreate his experiments in my moms kitchen than I ever did playing video games!

That is sad..He will be missed. :(
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote: »
    I got in more trouble trying to recreate his experiments in my moms kitchen than I ever did playing video games!

That is sad..He will be missed. :(

hahahaha...I remember almost buring down the house a couple times....This is sad though...At least he lived a nice, long life....:(
  • Jstas
    edited June 2007
    He's a big part of why I am the nerd I am today.

We didn't have cable when I was a kid but my grandmother did. My mom used drop us off at my grandmother's house so she could watch us so my mom could go to work. If my mom got home early, I used to make her wait until the show was over before we went home.

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    He is probably the reason I love science.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Heard about this this morning, Mr Wizard was my fave as a kid. Between him and MacGuyver, I was always building something or blowing something up :)

Fun fact, Mr Wizard was on David Letterman's first ever broadcast in 1982.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Between Mr. Wizard and Bill Nye, my mom was in a constant state of awareness when I was in the kitchen...:D

When I wasn't trying to burn down the house or blow something up, I was taking things apart and seeing if I could put them back together....Man, my mom had her hands full...
  • Jstas
    edited June 2007
    Between Mr. Wizard and Bill Nye, my mom was in a constant state of awareness when I was in the kitchen...:D

When I wasn't trying to burn down the house or blow something up, I was taking things apart and seeing if I could put them back together....Man, my mom had her hands full...

Bill Nye the Science Guy! Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill...Bill Nye the Science Guy...

Bill Nye was awesome too!

My mom hated Mr. Wizard because she used to catch me taking things apart to see how they worked. She only caught me messing with about 1/3rd of the stuff I actually took apart. She would ask me why and I'd always say that Mr Wizard did blah, blah and blah and I wanted to see it too. Thing is, when I put the stuff back together, it always worked because of the stuff I learned on Mr. Wizard about keep notes, writing things down and labeling them.

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    NO not Mr. Wizard! That was like a daily addiction back in the day.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited June 2007
    Gosh Mr. Wizard!
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited June 2007
    I heard about Mr. Wizards passing and it is sad. He is typical of that generation of men in that he lived quietly and brought creativity and ingenuity to many of us. I am also a little saddened by the fact that he did not recieve the respectful acknowledgement he so richly deserved of his being a man who flew bombers during WWII with 56 missions over Italy, Germany and Yugoslavia. I heard on a talk radio show that he also earned the AIR MEDAL as well as the DFC.
    I haven't confirmed those "facts" for myself and defer to the Michael Savage talk show for the source of those facts. Regardless of their veracity he is one of America's long list of contributors to what makes this the greatest nation on this planet.
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60