Britain's Got Tallent clip.

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
When I first saw this I thought for sure it had to be fake. But I can't seem to find anything to suggest it is. Either way it is very impressive.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="454.05" height="382.85" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.flicklife.com/flvideo/flvplayer.swf?file=http://www.flicklife.com/flvideo/4251.flv&vid=b60adb254a8127a6da8e&e=y"&gt; <param name="movie" value="http://www.flicklife.com/flvideo/flvplayer.swf?file=http://www.flicklife.com/flvideo/4251.flv&vid=b60adb254a8127a6da8e&e=y"&gt; <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    The boy can sing, that's for sure. He sounded good even through the PC.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Wow! Thanks for that. That was beautiful.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    Outstanding.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited June 2007
    That just brings you to tears. I didn't realize opera could be so moving. The God-given talent in what appears to be an unassuming man is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited June 2007
    WOW, Just WOW!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • cmy330go
    edited June 2007
    IT'S LEGIT! I downloaded the entire episode, and sure enough it's no joke.

What amazes me the most is the emotion he conveys. Out of this world!!!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    What SLOCOOKN said
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Anyone know the name of that song he was singing?

That was amazing.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited June 2007
    Nessun Dorma
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited June 2007
    By Puccini
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    The aria is a lot longer (it's chopped for TV) but here are what the lyrics are in English:

No one sleeps!
    No one sleeps!
    But my mystery it is locked in me.
    And my name, no one will know!
    Disperse, o night!
    Set, oh stars!
    Set, oh stars!
    I will win!
    I will win!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    Wow, that was incredible.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Wow, that was incredible.

x2. When Simon has a look of astonishment on his face the entire time, you know you are something special. That guy has a bright future, regardless of the outcome of the show..
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    i love the way simon went from 'this is going to hurt' to 'zomg, this is amazing' in about 10 seconds...

given that the guy probably has little to no formal training, that was pretty awesome... two years of work, and he's definitely got some potential...

did anyone else cringe a little bit as he approached the high notes at the end? i knew they were coming, and thought 'no way he's gonna make it', but i was happily proven wrong
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    unbelievable, great, and stupendous OK WOW
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    neomagus00 wrote: »
    i love the way simon went from 'this is going to hurt' to 'zomg, this is amazing' in about 10 seconds...

given that the guy probably has little to no formal training, that was pretty awesome... two years of work, and he's definitely got some potential...

did anyone else cringe a little bit as he approached the high notes at the end? i knew they were coming, and thought 'no way he's gonna make it', but i was happily proven wrong

Only potential after two years of work?!:eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    Only potential after two years of work?!:eek:
    listen carefully to him... not very many people can do that, but he's definitely got quite a few rough edges that would need to be smoothed out before he can go anywhere... it'd take that long because it takes forever to go from 95% to 99%
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • icky4
    icky4 Posts: 27
    edited June 2007
    That was awesome! I love how the 3 judge format shows have taken off after American Idol started pulling in huge ratings. Simon Cowel is soooo rich!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    Outstanding!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Great stuff, it must have been an incredible feeling getting that kind of reaction from the audience.The guy seemed truly humble as well.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    icky4 wrote: »
    Simon Cowel is soooo rich!

You ain't kiddin.
    The Sunday Times Rich List recently estimated that he earned £33.5m in one year alone, thanks to the global success of the 'Pop Idol' brand.

33.5 million pounds = about 66 million bucks. Income. Per year.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cmy330go
    edited June 2007
    Yet all that money doesn't make him any less of a dick.
    HT

2 CH
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    dear god... I want to find a good Opera SACD now...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    Gave me goosebumps.

Hitting the low notes isn't as comfortable for him as hitting the highs, but that would be smoothed out with vocal training.

The vibrato in his voice came across as totally natural and totally true; sometimes a singer that can't carry a pitch in a 10 gallon bucket will throw in a lot of vibrato to cover that fact up.

As the lady said, "I think we've found a diamond in the rough". I agree.

His humbleness and obvious love for the music definitely comes through. That took about every ounce of nuts for him to get up on that stage and let it out.

Nice post. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    His humbleness and obvious love for the music definitely comes through. That took about every ounce of nuts for him to get up on that stage and let it out.

I totally agree...I think he had to go change his pants afterward..:eek:
    He was really sincere, which is a rare find, and he was still really nervous afterwards, even with all of the applause and one of the judges in tears...Just incredible man, incredible.