Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Post edited by Mike Reeter on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    Options
    i am watching those too.... you never know.. ha ha ha.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I like the way he has them toed in. I hope a Polkie gets them. Or someone becomes a Polkie because they got them:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Gary Batson
    Gary Batson Posts: 124
    edited June 2007
    Options
    No interconnect cable. Didn't even know they were suppose to have one. I can't tell what condition they're in by the pictures. They say they're in good condition but are they? And I'm afraid they'll get busted up in shipment.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    Options
    i would only buy them if I could pick them up in person.. i really hate having speakers that heavy shipped.. i don't care who does the packing or who the shipping company is..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Options
    No interconnect cable. Didn't even know they were suppose to have one. I can't tell what condition they're in by the pictures. They say they're in good condition but are they? And I'm afraid they'll get busted up in shipment.

No interconnect cable? Did you hear this from the seller because I don't see anything about it in the ad. All SDA's require a interconnect cable. You can build one yourself or last I heard, Polk Audio has the blade/blade cable available again for around $35.

Ask for larger photos.

I wouldn't ship or buy these unless delivered by a freight shipper.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I think they might go on the cheap...Driving distance from Canada???
  • szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on these Mike. My parents live about 30 miles from the seller. They like to drive the SUV when they come to visit, so these will probably end up in AZ.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited June 2007
    Options
    szhleppy wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on these Mike. My parents live about 30 miles from the seller. They like to drive the SUV when they come to visit, so these will probably end up in AZ.

Go for it ,the SRS 2's were my first SDA's...They will blow ya away if properly driven and set-up.

I've since passed them on to "fireshoes" and I continually kick my own **** for ever selling them:D
  • Gary Batson
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Polk65 wrote: »
    No interconnect cable? Did you hear this from the seller because I don't see anything about it in the ad. All SDA's require a interconnect cable. You can build one yourself or last I heard, Polk Audio has the blade/blade cable available again for around $35.

Ask for larger photos.

I wouldn't ship or buy these unless delivered by a freight shipper.

I asked the sellers about the cable and shipping the day they went on sale. They really don't know what they have. They plan to ship UPS. I don't think that'll work.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited June 2007
    Options
    UPS ouch, they are #1 in parcel smashing.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Gary Batson
    edited June 2007
    Options
    They ended the auction early. Does anyone know what happened. I was going to bid on these and all of a sudden thay're gone.:(
  • szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I sent the guy an email on Wednesday night to let him know that I could arrange for local pickup and then forgot about it. I checked my email today while in the airport and saw that he had replied that he would prefer this to trying to ship the speakers. I sent him a lowball offer just to see where he was at ($250), and he replied about 10 minutes later that he was unable to end the auction early. I replied "good luck with your auction." About 10 minutes later, he sends me an email stating that the $250 offer was acceptable (the actual auction was just over $300 at this point with over a day left) and that he figured out how to end the aucton early. I paypal'ed the funds right away, and sent my contact info along with a request for his. He sends me a response that he will forward his contact info as soon as he receives my payment...but when he sent this it was already 15 minutes after I had sent the paypal. Fortunately the Paypal receipt had his full name on it. I sent him a message stating that he should have received the email with payment info, and used his full name in the greeting. At this point I had to hop on a plane...

When I get home, I don't have any voicemails or emails directly from him, only a refund notice from Paypal with a short message from the guy..."I unable to end auction early"...yes, exact words and grammar. I sit down and compose this response:

“You include a note with the refund stating "unable to end auction"???? Do you think I'm stupid and can't see that you have in fact ended the auction? Just be honest and tell me that you went with a better offer. I still think it's **** that you would accept the offer and then rescind without any communication, but I guess we all get a little greedy sometimes. Good luck with your transaction. “

About 2 hours later he gets around to sending me this response:

“actually I figured out how to end it after I refunded and was about to email you that I got it but i will just relist thanks though.”

I guess you could come to 2 conclusions…this guy had a better local offer that fell through and he will be listing the speakers again OR he legitimately is not very eBay savvy and I screwed myself out of an outstanding deal by, well, being myself (an occasional dickhead). Sorry for the long-winded explanation…just trying to maintain the “full disclosure” attitude on this forum. This could still end up being a great deal for someone…I’m just laying out the facts and you can make your own decision if you want to pursue it.
  • Gary Batson
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I was worried about having these shipped to Tennessee anyway. I've given up on finding anything locally though. I think it's a law that anyone selling Polks must border an ocean or a foreign country.
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I was worried about having these shipped to Tennessee anyway. I've given up on finding anything locally though. I think it's a law that anyone selling Polks must border an ocean or a foreign country.

Shipping old Polk's sucks!
    I have had so many broken woofers, tweeters, and crossovers it pisses me off!:mad:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Gary Batson
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hey! We're all dickheads when provoked !!!
  • Gary Batson
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hey! We're all dickheads when provoked !!!

Not you Ben!!::eek: I'm responding to Szhleppy's post.:rolleyes: I doubt you're a dickhead,,,,,,,Unless provoked of course:D
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Not you Ben!!::eek: I'm responding to Szhleppy's post.:rolleyes: I doubt you're a dickhead,,,,,,,Unless provoked of course:D

Depends on who you ask;):D
    Thanks
    Ben