HAHA! CC Finally Came Through!

Bill Ayotte
Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
After three months of wondering what the hell has been going on, I finally got to go into my local CC today and get a replacement TV for my DLP that **** the bed...In all honesty, it really wasn't an issue with CC, it was a MAJOR issue with their local contractor...It took them a MONTH to pick the damn thing up, then I heard nothing from them until last Thursday...They wanted to know when they could dump my broken TV back into my house! I had been in contact with a CC case manager for about a week at that time, so I gave him a call and found out that the contractor was fired, and that today I would be receiving a replacement....I was really impressed with the way this was handled, my case manager called the manager at the store and let her know what the situation was, and I was promptly taken care of when I arrived...They gave me a free stand because my old DLP had an integrated stand, and when I had $99 of credit left over, they discounted a Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player to $99....To top all of it off, my sales guy dropped a complimentary HDMI cable in the bag as I was leaving...It will be here between 10-11AM tomorrow morning....God, I'm all kinds of excited....:D
Post edited by Bill Ayotte on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Awesome:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    there you go.... that's the way they should take care of their customers..

if you have a name and address.. your case manager deserves a nice thank you letter for their help in this.. and mention how well you were treated the whole time you were in the store. It's just good business sense.
    Managers always like to hear from customers about how well their employees are doing in their stores.

congrats on all the new stuff.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    there you go.... that's the way they should take care of their customers..

if you have a name and address.. your case manager deserves a nice thank you letter for their help in this.. and mention how well you were treated the whole time you were in the store. It's just good business sense.
    Managers always like to hear from customers about how well their employees are doing in their stores.

congrats on all the new stuff.

I plan on calling him tomorrow after the TV arrives....I made sure to let everyone involved know how great he was, including his supervisor today. He did more in 5 days than a lot of people did over three months....
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    Awesome! CC could give American Airlines some lessons.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    Here's a pic of the brokedick TV....This is for those who see the first post and say "Integrated stand?"

DSC_0769.jpg

Moving this thing sucks BIG TIME!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2007
    The ol' Captain Kirk, I remember those. Don't drop display DLP chips (metal with pointy corners) on that glass base...I KNOW! ;)

Why do I get the feeling you shouldn't mention the complimentary HDMI cable to the manager? lol
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    Nice display, and congrats on the service!

I'm still eyeballing that black box you have in the background. I wonder where you got that from, PX?:) They came in real handy in Iraq when you needed to ship stuff back CONUS.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited June 2007
    By the end of year 4 of my 5 year service contract with Best Buy on my old Sony HD CRT monster, I secretly wished it would die and I would be able to get a nice new replacement... ;) But I wasn't that (un)lucky.

Congrats on getting your situation resolved.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Here's a pic of the brokedick TV....This is for those who see the first post and say "Integrated stand?"

DSC_0769.jpg

Moving this thing sucks BIG TIME!

That's the same model I had that crapped out. congrats on the new one.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,679
    edited June 2007
    Doesn't the fact that Circuit City has something called a "case manager" suggest some issues with their basic operating model?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    Congrats enjoy the new tv!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Nice display, and congrats on the service!

I'm still eyeballing that black box you have in the background. I wonder where you got that from, PX?:) They came in real handy in Iraq when you needed to ship stuff back CONUS.

Actually, that is the only one to come from a PX....We have about seven of the BIG ones floating around here....At one point there were three people living here, and we actually bought the shed out back for all of our Army crap, it just happened that we had enough space left in there for the mower...:D

Being aviation (now ex), I never really had to worry about shipping stuff back...You can get an amazing amount of stuff in the tail boom of an apache when you have to..:D
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    I'll post a picture of the new TV a little later....Too busy staring...
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    Congrats!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!