Kids and markers gotta love em

sabotg
sabotg Posts: 126
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I had some friends over last friday night for a BBQ. We were sitting in my kitchen enjoying a brew when my 3 year old walks in and informs us that my friends daughter is drawing on the TV. Long story short marker all over my 51" Hitachi crayon on my RTI-6's and RTI-10's and they also decided that it would be fun to take markers to the home theater seating:eek: Luckily everthing came out. (Thank god I bought that stain treatment for the seating) Anyway needless to say markers and crayons have been banned for the time being. Anyone else have any good kid and gear stories?
Post edited by sabotg on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    WOW! Glad to hear all the markers and crayons came off/out of all your things.
    No kids-to-gear attacks here... though our boy when he was 1.5 years old tried his hand at ****-on-the-wall painting. :D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    Is the child still alive?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Yes, he's 11.54 years old now and has the 15 year old indignant why-doesn't-the-world-serve-me attitude already. We'll see if he makes it to 18. ;)

edit: let me rephrase that... We'll see if I let him make it to 18.

sabotg,
    What did you use on the various surfaces to get the crayons/markers off? This could turn out to be a great gear care tips thread.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Baby wipes will take marker off of almost anything. My left SDA has chalk on the side of it, and the grill(kid almost got shot, he's just luck he not quite 2)
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited June 2007
    when i was small me and my sister would jump up and try and poke the tweets on my dads floor standing speakers:o
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2007
    The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is perhaps the most useful invention. It literally takes the stains off of anything. My niece and nephew were over and decided to color my bannister with markers and I was fuming. My wife used the Magic Eraser and two minutes later it was gone.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is perhaps the most useful invention. It literally takes the stains off of anything.

That thing is amazing. There's nothing it can't get rid of. Trust me, I've tried to fool it, and it always wins and proves me wrong.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    sophie wrote: »
    when i was small me and my sister would jump up and try and poke the tweets on my dads floor standing speakers:o
    that is a great mental image... :p

and i second the magic eraser... it really is almost magical
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • sabotg
    sabotg Posts: 126
    edited June 2007
    I was told that a wet rag got the crayon off the RTI's. I was so mad:mad: I stayed out of the HT room until my wife and the offending child's mother had finished clean-up.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    Dear god I'm never having kids.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.