Great day

polrbehr
polrbehr Posts: 2,830
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Today my 9-year-olds' school had their Moving Up ceremony, where the class basically "graduates" from 4th grade (elementary schools in our district go K-4 only) to 5th grade. I realize that, even though small in the grand scheme of things, it does nothing to lessen the pride we as parents feel whenever our children accomplish something. A lot of the people in the crowd had very moist eyes, myself included. The people on this Forum who have children know what I am talking about, and those who have no children yet are certainly in for a treat when your time comes.

Just thought I'd share this as a small reminder to take some time in life to enjoy the here and now, because no one knows what tomorrow will have in store for us; I know I forget that sometimes.

It's not a rant about gas prices, a cable debate, or anything audio related, but thanks for reading anyway :).
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
Post edited by polrbehr on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    That's great. I'm getting to relive some of these moments with my grandchildren--I love it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Hey! You've been spread pretty thin here lately, it seems.

Congrats on your child's ceremony.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Great to hear and Congrats.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited June 2007
    Point taken and CONGRATULATIONS!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Congrats!:)
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    excellent thread polrbehr.... no matter how good your stereo gear is.. or how much it costs... nothing can buy that moment in time when you witnessed your child accomplish something like that and in person.

thanks for posting it and sharing it with us all... congrats to your child.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited June 2007
    Excellent, amigo!! Watching your kids takes you back to your own memories of those milestones...........priceless!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    Excellent and congrats. Thanks for helping to keep it all in perspective.....

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited June 2007
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Today my 9-year-olds' school had their Moving Up ceremony, where the class basically "graduates" from 4th grade (elementary schools in our district go K-4 only) to 5th grade. I realize that, even though small in the grand scheme of things, it does nothing to lessen the pride we as parents feel whenever our children accomplish something. A lot of the people in the crowd had very moist eyes, myself included. The people on this Forum who have children know what I am talking about..

Congrats to the little one. Having a three month old, I can relate to those feelings. Everyday seems like she is learning something new!:)
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Congrats to the little one
    Mike682 wrote: »
    Congrats to the little one. Having a three month old, I can relate to those feelings. Everyday seems like she is learning something new!:)

Just wait, it gets better. I just wish there was more time in the day so I can do everything I want to.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    Congrats and enjoy the moment. Events like this only come once in a lifetime. Savor every memory you can about ht event! It's a wonderful time!:)
    Carl