Old School Earthquake Amp PA4050C

adcom565
adcom565 Posts: 13
edited June 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was looking at this at a pawn shop wandering if it would be a good by for 110.00 - Does anyone know much about it. I think it stated 560watts at 2 ohms. But did not state 4 ohms- How many watts would that be at 4 ohms? Also was this amp made by Zed Audio / Steve Mantz I could not find anything on it. Overall is the old Earthquake as good as the old Series 7 or 8 Hifonics. I had old Hifonics series 7 and 8 and they had good clean power. I am looking to find an old amp that still would sound good. Thanks.
Post edited by adcom565 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    560 watts@2ohms ~ 280 watts @ 4 ohms (twice the resistance, half the power)

you might get up to 300, some amps don't scale perfectly linearly. can't speak to that particular model, but i have a brutus bx2005d (couple years old) that has served unfailingly under physical, electrical, thermal, and emotional stress
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • adcom565
    edited June 2007
    Can you tell me more about this amp- was it made good- How is the sound quality would it be worth 110.00. Better used amps around $100.
  • adcom565
    edited June 2007
    Anyone know more about this amp- spec wise. I would guess it was it a good amp, and would hold up against some of the new amps? There is no information on the internet on this- so I am hoping you guys can help. What is the THD, damping factor, sound quality of this old amps. The only amps I am familiar with are the old Hifonics amps/ Old Punch 75/ Punch 150 amps so wondering if it is close - I would have to assume so. Was it built be Zed audio could it pound a couple of 12 inch subs?
  • adcom565
    edited June 2007
    Well I decided to pick it up, but I still don't know much about it. It appears to be a good amp, the pawn shop was sitting on it for awhile so a got it for for $85.00 I think was a steal. Now I am really curious of the specs on this piece, I emailed Earthquake and no response yet. So please if anyone knows something let me know. Thanks