Using inwalls in the ceiling

Options
trader
trader Posts: 3
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
Has anyone had any problems using in-walls in ceiling applications? I just puchased 3 prs of 755's and am concerned that the design of them would be prohibitive.
Post edited by trader on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hello,
    There's no problem using the AB755 as in-ceiling speakers. You would want to make sure that the ceiling material was sufficiently strong to support the weight. You could improve the sound by placing some sound absorptive material (such as Pollyfil or fiber glass) in the opening where the speaker is going to be placed. The rear sound wave that the speakers produce can add a slight box-like quality to voices if not treated. The addition of a moderate amount of sound damping material will prevent that.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • trader
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Thank you! Time to buy for the rest of the house!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I have been meaning to change the description of the Inwall speakers to say In-wall/In-Ceiling for quite some time. Guess now is a good time :) Thanks!

~Justin
  • tmill1
    tmill1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I recently bought a pair of 755s for use as my surrounds. The reason I am doing it is because of the shape of my room. I have to have the speakers out of the way and up in the ceiling. Please give me your thoughts on this subject. Also, placement??? They cannot be placed behind, but can be placed directly above or above and to the side - which is best?
  • trader
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I placed mine to the sides and a little to the back. Just adjust your levels to spec.