Im sick of TV shows

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just finished watching The Shield's season finale. And just like last season's, it brought NOTHING to an end. Its still the same big mess its been most of the season and to top it off, right at the end it made the whole mess even bigger!

I also watch House regularly and their season finale was last Tuesday. Everybody quit, then it ended.

Its bad enough we have to sit thru 45 minutes of commercials spread out over 15 breaks for a 1 hour show, but for some reason they now seem to never go anywhere! You dutifully watch all season long dying to see how things work out for the star and when you think youre going to get some answers in the finale, bammo, it just gets worse and more complicated.

I think this will mark the end of me following any tv shows on a regular basis now. Whats the point?

At least the Sopranos are wrapping things up next week. Hopefully theyll tie off all the loose ends.
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    You can always watch Oprah. She wraps it up with every episode.:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You can always watch Oprah. She wraps it up with every episode.:p

Nice...hahaha. This is why I own a DVR...I make it a point to not watch the show live because of all of the commercial breaks...I understand the frustration with making a bigger mess, but the whole point is to get you to watch the premiere next season right?
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2007
    Ya, the season finale of Lost wasn't. And I've heard rumors that there might be 3 more season! Come on already. It's a great show, everyone knows it, everyones hooked now, just end it already.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited June 2007
    This means more than likely the Shield will be back next year. It's one of my favorite shows on TV. A gritier version of NYPD BLUE.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    Ya, the season finale of Lost wasn't. And I've heard rumors that there might be 3 more season! Come on already. It's a great show, everyone knows it, everyones hooked now, just end it already.

Yeah....That was a huge buzzkill......
  • No. 6
    No. 6 Posts: 10
    edited June 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    Ya, the season finale of Lost wasn't. And I've heard rumors that there might be 3 more season!
    You heard right. 3 more seasons, 16 episodes each, with a clean run from episode 1-16. In other words, none of this run it for 8 episodes, then a few repeats, then a few more new episodes, then a 2 month hiatus, etc.
  • SWFalken
    SWFalken Posts: 136
    edited June 2007
    I have just about completely quit watching tv. Since Northern Reflections went off the air, well, nothing seems quite as entertaining. Jeez, i am starting to sound like an old person.
    "I drank what?" Socrates :eek:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    At least the Sopranos are wrapping things up next week. Hopefully theyll tie off all the loose ends.

Have you ever even SEEN the Sopranos? There is NO CHANCE they tie up all the loose ends. No chance. :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    I hardly watch network tv. I mainly watch Discovery, History, and the Science channels as they always have intresting shows on.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    The Shield and House are about the only shows I watch anymore.

The Shield is getting a bit goofy. All the characters keep getting into messes and spend the rest of the season getting out of them over and over again. How many enemies have come and gone? Armadillo, Antwon Mitchell, Guardo, Armenians, Cavenaugh....

We will see what happens with House, I think they will all end up back togeher somehow.

Sopranos, great show. This season seems very rushed. Too much to tie up in one last episode. I think Phil Retardo will get his, when he finds out that he is Juniors son.
    V
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2007
    The BEST show on TV was Deadwood, until HBO and the writers got into a pissing match and cancelled the show. Word is that they have agreed to do a full feature film to conclude the show. Hopefully it happens; there's a lot left to tie up for this show to end.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited June 2007
    You must not be watching Hex, Monk, Ghost Hunters, Robin Hood or the Dead Zone. HBO has got you guys mesmerized.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I hardly watch network tv. I mainly watch Discovery, History, and the Science channels as they always have intresting shows on.

Ditto.

Never network stations and never again will I fall for all the hype about any show.

Last time was the first survivor but after the way it ended I decided not to watch anything that I hear everybody else is into.

I hate to get hooked and feel like I should watch every week, too unproductive to me.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The BEST show on TV was Deadwood,
    Shawn

I agree.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Not liking TV is fine, and a matter of preference, but this is the golden age of television. If you can't find something good on right now, then you just don't like TV. Saying "it sucks now compared to before" is just insane talk. The only thing you could make that argument for is MAYBE sitcoms. But for dramas and action shows? There's some fantastic stuff on right now.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Have you ever even SEEN the Sopranos? There is NO CHANCE they tie up all the loose ends. No chance. :)

You kidding? There are only like 2 characters still alive! Not too many loose ends left! :p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2007
    SWFalken wrote: »
    I have just about completely quit watching tv. Since Northern Reflections went off the air, well, nothing seems quite as entertaining. Jeez, i am starting to sound like an old person.

Same here...I don't watch ANY t.v. at all. I'm sure there's lots of good stuff out there, and if I'd watch anything, it would be Disovery or other interesting stuff like that. When I do have some time to kill, I'll pop in a DVD movie or a Star Trek DVD.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    I don’t watch TV no more British is the worse kind on the face of the planet. I tossed away the coax for the aerial 2 ½ years ago. All I use the TV monitor for is laserdisc and DVD and nothing else.

Did you know you have to pay the robbing thieving BBC a licence fee close to £150.00 pounds in the UK just to watch SAD British TV! Stuff the BBC they can cram there programs and there licence fee up there well laid a££.

The BBC, are vultures.
    vultures.jpg
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    I like Nip/Tuck. Every season they pretty much wrap up the whole big story of the season, then start lay a background for next season. Nothing really catching, just something you werent entirely expecting and know the next season will be a good one too.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    I don't watch TV. I have one, but it sits on the floor unused. The news is a bunch of negative BS. TV shows generally suck. I do like discovery, history, and speed.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I don't watch TV. I have one, but it sits on the floor unused. The news is a bunch of negative BS. TV shows generally suck. I do like discovery, history, and speed.

i presume you mean discovery _channel_, history _channel_... and speed _channel_...

in that case, i agree :) those, one or two of the law and order variants, and the occasional show on comedy central, and that about does it for me
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs