"Old" PDA Phone Purchase???

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm considering the purchase of a PDA phone, but I don't need the latest features. My needs are very basic. I have T-Mobile, But I don't like the phone I'm using because it's too small. Plus, I'd like to do a better job of managing phone numbers and being able to sync to my computer. I also like having a "keyboard." I don't even care about other stuff like a camera, bluetooth, etc. However, at some point I'd like to navigate the 'net. I want an unlocked, new old stock phone. My budget is at $100 - $150.

I am considering the Blackberry 7105t. I've read some reviews on it. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Surfing on PDA's, in my experience, has been a beating. Feels like I just flashed back to a 33 baud modem. YMMV. Before anyone sells you on it, test it out first and surf, surf, surf. I'm currently using a Blackberry 7520 (work) and I've had terrible luck with iPaq pocket pc's (not the phone version though).
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited June 2007
    My son works for Cingular in the Dallas area and had both the 7100 series and 8700 series PDAs with him on his visit last week. His take along with my little usage of them was that the larger ones are better for text/PDA functions due to the full qwerty keys while the 7100 was clearly easier to use as a phone. I just didn't like such a large flat piece against my face.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable