Bill France Jr. Passes..........................

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,978
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
A sad day for NASCAR fans around the world. Mr. Bill France is no longer with us today. For those who don't know what his role was, or even who he is....here's a link:

http://www.wsoctv.com/sports/13441417/detail.html

In short, Bill France Jr., who transformed NASCAR from a small Southern sport into a billion-dollar conglomerate during his 31 years as chairman, died Monday at his Daytona Beach, Fla., home. He was 74. A sad day indeed.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    A sad day indeed. I have been a NASCAR fan for many years.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    RIP, Mr. France
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    The thing that made Mr. France is he listened to everyone, when he came to the Cup garage he didn't stop with the owners or the drivers he would come to the crews. I'll never forget him telling me that had Bobby Allison's car made it over the catch fence at Talladega me and him both would be out looking for a job. He never heard another word from me about the restrictor plates after that conversation.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Sad to hear
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    Here is a short clip of Bobby's wreck, look at how close the fence came to giving up. That was my ol friend Harold Kinder in the flag stand notice he never missed a beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt5XCCgwulA
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Very sad to hear. He wasnt even that old!

If it wasnt for him, my Sundays would be a lot more boring.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    If it wasnt for him, my Sundays would be a lot more boring.

Yes sir.

I catch the races a little bit less than I used to after the passing Dale Earnhardt Sr. [my all time favorite driver]. When he was racing it was EVERY Sunday, many friends would gather 'round, grill out, drink and watch the race! Now I listen to it as I did as a kid while I do other stuff. I'm sure I'll get back into it like I used to be, but I'm still stuck in driver withdraw.

My prayers go out to his family and the entire racing community.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~