Guy on ebay burning me

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I sold this guy an SL3000 tweeter on Ebay. The thing work perfect. He contacts me, and say it is bad. He tells me that the tweeter is no good, and sends it back. He goes straight to PayPal and says I sold him a bad tweeter. I hate dealing with Ebayers. The guy probably has a bad crossover or some thing. At first he tells me that he hooked it up to a bookshelf system, then he tells me that he hooked it up in his SDA's without the woofers or the mids, and it "sounds scratchy". I put the same tweeter in my RTA15TL's and it sounds perfect. :mad:
Damn its frustrating.
I even offered him the $40 he paid, and I would just keep it in my RTA's. He wants shipping both ways, and I eat all that+ paypal+ebay fees WTF!
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    ebay bites lately
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    ebay bites lately

Yeah I am getting fed up with it lately.
    I think I would rather spend a few more on AG than Ebay. At least on AG most people have some what of a clue.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    Make a small video of music playing through the tweeter and post it on the Internet as your 'proof' that it works.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    He wants shipping both ways, and I eat all that+ paypal+ebay fees WTF!

That's not the way it works. Any time there is a return like this the buyer pays return shipping. Also, I believe the way it works is that you would do a refund to the buyer through Paypal and they would refund you the fees, i.e. the entire transaction is backed out. Not sure about the Ebay fees if you relist it.
    Either way, absolutely do not pay shipping both ways. That's part of the risk any buyer takes.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Make a small video of music playing through the tweeter and post it on the Internet as your 'proof' that it works.

The guy has no question that it plays. He just has no idea what a good tweeter should sound like.

This is what I wrote to him. Its hard to be nice when your frustrated, but I tried.

"That tweeter sounds fine. I have rebuilt many crossovers with Solen
    caps, and Mills resistors. I have built many custom speakers. IF YOU
    RUN A TWEETER BY ITSELF IT WILL SOUND LIKE CRAP. I don't care how much
    you pay for a tweeter. Unless it is a full range ribbon style it will
    not sound good. You simply do not understand what a tweeter is supposed
    to do. You may possibly have a bad crossover. Have you tried taking one
    of the "good tweeters", and stuck it in the speaker missing the
    tweeter? Poly switches are also known to go bad in the older Polk's. I
    have owned monitor 4.6's, 5's, RTA15TL's, SDA2's, SDA2a's, and
    SDA-SRS's. I suggest you check out the Polk forum, and ask questions
    there. I have the same screen name there. I suggest you ask questions
    before you start saying you got a bad tweeter. Just let them know it
    sounds bad. YOU HAVE TO SWAP A GOOD TWEETER INTO THAT CABINET!"

Hopefully he takes a little advice, and digs a little deeper.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Yeah I am getting fed up with it lately.
    I think I would rather spend a few more on AG than Ebay. At least on AG most people have some what of a clue.

I've recently had my doubts about that.....Tube preamp for sale 450 obo i "mistakenly" read that as i'll take 450 or possibly less, i offer him his asking price of 450 plus shipping with no haggling, get a response that i'm the first to inquire but that he's been offered more. That statement sent the alarm off and i responded with : "If you wanted more than your asking price why not place it in the auction section with 450 as a minimum" and backed off from the purchase. I really hope the B*stard sits on it and that it doesn't sell.
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    That's not the way it works. Any time there is a return like this the buyer pays return shipping. Also, I believe the way it works is that you would do a refund to the buyer through Paypal and they would refund you the fees, i.e. the entire transaction is backed out. Not sure about the Ebay fees if you relist it.
    Either way, absolutely do not pay shipping both ways. That's part of the risk any buyer takes.

It's in PayPals hands now. I never had to deal with this before. I have no idea what to expect except what you just said.:confused:
    Thanks
    Ben
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    You can settle the dispute and refund his money, you should get PayPal fees back, then file a non paying bidder dispute on Ebay, and you should get those fees back as well.

If you let PayPal decide the dispute, they will charge you a fee when they do the refund ($10 if I recall).