Computer related question...

Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have a Dell that's a couple years old and I beleive my DVD burner has gone bad. I can burn ISO. files to a CD but not to a DVD for what ever reason. Any recommendations on what type of DVD burner someone would recommend that won't break the bank. All I'm looking to do is burn ISO files for these Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players because I'm tired of waiting on the manufactures to send them to me. Thanks in advance.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    anything OEM from newegg is a fine deal......just make sure its IDE and not SATA.

I have 2 Toshibas and 2 Sonys(nahh i don't burn much :) ) and like them both.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    I picked up a lightscribe dvd burner at a show for 30 bucks. It works great.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    It could be a software problem, not necessarily a hardware problem. Check to make sure the drive is configured correctly and no two DVD burning softwares are conflicting with each other.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    I have two NECs at home, both have been fine, and can be had for cheap (less than 30 bucks).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited June 2007
    I added a pioneer dvr-111d for $30 some time ago to my dell desktop and no problems. I believe you can still find them and I think the 111d is similar for around the same price.

Newegg and tigerdirect are good sources for these things.
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I have two NECs at home, both have been fine, and can be had for cheap (less than 30 bucks).

Damn. I agree with Bob again. I have 4 of these. NewEgg sells them all the time $30.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben