Not the best of weekends...

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I've had better weekends...

Thursday night bank card was stolen and I have about $900 less than I should in primary checking, that sucks.

Friday night, HUGE storm hits, takes out my phone lines and internet and also fried a TV that I had plugged directly in to a wall (my fault, only had it plugged in for a day while we're unpacking until I cound get to my surge protectors, still my fault though.

Yesterday, rock through the windshield, have to get that replaced today.

In all, I have about $1500 less in my pocket than I should, not the best of weekends.

The good news is nobody died and nobody was disgnosed with a terminal disease.

In the end, it's all just money lost. It poses an immediate inconvenience, but in a year or five years from now I'm not really going to look back and think "Man my life has gone to ****, if only I hadn't lost that $1500, things would be so much better". And if I do get to that point, well then i deserve to be there I guess.

All in all, nothing really tragic, just the fact that I have a huge project at work that has me working lots of hours and still trying to get settled in the new place, having to deal with it all at once is proving to be a challenge.

But we're humans, that's what we do - persevere.
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I do think you're taking all these things in stride and times will get better.

Good luck

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    The TV may be an easy fix. After a strike here it was only a zener diode that needed replacing and the TV still works great. YMMV

Anxiously awaiting your positive karma offering. :D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to hear about your lousy weekend. Hopefully the week will get better.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Yes, that is a weekend not worth repeating. On the upside, like you said, everyone is well. The jerk that stole your bank card should NOT be so fortune.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to hear hope things get better.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    I feel for ya man. I'm still waiting for everything to get back on track for me, nothing has been right since September for me, just one thing after another. Keep you chin up things will work out.

Take it easy,
    dude
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007
    Report that bank card lost and make a claim for the $900.00
    I had that happen about to me and they honored the claim minus the $50.00 deductable. I got nailed for $500.00 from MAC theft.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    Unfortunately, those things happen. Make the claim on the card and get your money back. It'll take a little while, so sit back and enjoy the integrated and LSi 7s. :cool:
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    In the end, it's all just money lost. It poses an immediate inconvenience, but in a year or five years from now I'm not really going to look back and think "Man my life has gone to ****, if only I hadn't lost that $1500, things would be so much better". And if I do get to that point, well then i deserve to be there I guess.

Deserve, never. Just your turn for some bad luck or unfortunate turn of events.

Dang, will it ever stop raining in Dallas?
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!