Can someone explain this logic to me?

Rivrrat
Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
My wife and I were cleaning up our bedroom. I had two kitchen style garbage bags, one was kind of full, and one was not. I go to throw them away and she says I can't go yet because the one bag wasn't full. So, she takes the two bags away from me, put the fullish one in the not so full one and tells me it's full now and I can take it to the garbage can.

Am I missing something?
My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
Post edited by Rivrrat on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    dude.. some things should just remain a mystery... don't shake up the balance of the universe, by questioning it. just let it be... walk away from it. :p :rolleyes:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    hahaha shes is a woman dude dont have a burn out thinking about it let it go ....... as one of those things that is just the way it is !
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2007
    Simple. It's called female logic. DON'T try to understand it otherwise it'll burn your eyebrows off or worse yet, make you bald.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    It's like the lecture you get when using a pot that's too large or cooking more than one food in a pot. :rolleyes:
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    Simple. It's called female logic. DON'T try to understand it otherwise it'll burn your eyebrows off or worse yet, make you bald.

exactly..it's too late for me...I should have listened...now I have no hair:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Don't even try. The children's bicycle rodeo was this weekend and we take our little guy and his friend. My wife says that we have to put the two bikes in the trunk. I tell they will not fit. She insists that they will. Her logic, did you try. Mine, no I do not need to as I can tell just by looking. 30 minutes she gives up. Sometimes I just wonder. The two bikes did not fit in the trunk. Go with the flow.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    My wife and I were cleaning up our bedroom. I had two kitchen style garbage bags, one was kind of full, and one was not. I go to throw them away and she says I can't go yet because the one bag wasn't full. So, she takes the two bags away from me, put the fullish one in the not so full one and tells me it's full now and I can take it to the garbage can.

Am I missing something?

Makes perfect sense to me!

Kidding... :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    The day that opposite sex's are on the same page let me know.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    "Female logic", that's a oxymoron... ;)
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Well, my wife can explain it to you, but I still don't think any of us will get it. I'll tell you what it really is. It is there way of controlling us, yeah, I said it. They are taught from a very young age to control us. Do not fall into the trap....oh, what's that... yes dear, I'm coming..........
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited June 2007
    garbage bags OCD.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    She was trying to save space in the can.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    YOU should have known to take the not so full bag & dump it into the almost full bag thereby making 1 full bag!:rolleyes: :eek: :p:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    If the full bag was full, how was there room for the not-so-full bag's contents ANYWAY?

If you give me a full glass of water and a half-full glass of water, and tell me to consolidate them, someone's getting wet.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    There is no way to win in this situation, just agree. Do not close Disney Land, no more Magic Mountains.
    V
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Trying to understand female logic is like both a bad idea and impossible.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    poor feller.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    I passed this by my Mom, the worlds expert on how to do things. She didn't necessarily see anything wrong with the concept but did state 'why didn't she dump the contents of the less full bag into the larger one and save the bag?'
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • rhulett
    rhulett Posts: 89
    edited June 2007
    My question would be, why do you need 1 1/2 garbage bags to clean up your bedroom?:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited June 2007
    Lowes sells 3-mil garbage bags; you can stuff the snot out of them, stomp the trash down to compact it, and add some more.

......for those that are into trash bags.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2007

Am I missing something?

all day i've wanted to go postal, cho-style. but i must admit, this little tidbit brought a quick smile to my mug.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Rivrrat
    edited June 2007
    rhulett wrote: »
    My question would be, why do you need 1 1/2 garbage bags to clean up your bedroom?:eek:

Don't you have a garbage can in your master bath? We're not talking big green garbage can liners here, it's small kitchen bags.:mad:

one bag was the almost full garbage can, the not so full bag was my daughter's snack mess from the tv/ sitting area.

I didn't realize we had Martha Stewart posting here.
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited June 2007
    I feel your pain. So the other day I notice the fountain I installed in the yard is not level any more. It is a big pot that sits on a tub that is buried up to its rim. The ground has settled a bit on one side, and that is causing the other side to come up about a 1/2" or so. I figured the solution would be to pull out the tub and scrape away some dirt from the high side, and the whole thing would be level again. Seems logical. My wife, who wanted to do the project because I was installing crown moulding in the kitchen, took it all apart and started filling in the lower side to make it level. I came out to see how things were going and told her that if she did it that way the whole rim of the tub would be above the ground and would look bad, that dirt needed to be taken out of the hole instead. After telling me that I never appreciate the things she does the fountain is still in pieces in my backyard. Guess who gets to do it now.

The real question here is; should I have let her do it her way and see if she fixed it herself, or been even smarter and said "that looks great hon" and fixed it in the middle of the night in a ninja outfit?

Goes back to one of my favorite quotes:
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited June 2007
    Sounds similier to my wife must be in the water up here.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    kingkip wrote: »
    I feel your pain. So the other day I notice the fountain I installed in the yard is not level any more. It is a big pot that sits on a tub that is buried up to its rim. The ground has settled a bit on one side, and that is causing the other side to come up about a 1/2" or so. I figured the solution would be to pull out the tub and scrape away some dirt from the high side, and the whole thing would be level again. Seems logical. My wife, who wanted to do the project because I was installing crown moulding in the kitchen, took it all apart and started filling in the lower side to make it level. I came out to see how things were going and told her that if she did it that way the whole rim of the tub would be above the ground and would look bad, that dirt needed to be taken out of the hole instead. After telling me that I never appreciate the things she does the fountain is still in pieces in my backyard. Guess who gets to do it now.

The real question here is; should I have let her do it her way and see if she fixed it herself, or been even smarter and said "that looks great hon" and fixed it in the middle of the night in a ninja outfit?

Goes back to one of my favorite quotes:

It's obvious with me, that your water isn't level up there... :rolleyes: but I think the ninja outfit trick would have been pretty slick :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007

Am I missing something?

Never had those sort of problems here Rivrrat,

I married a true blonde tho.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • rhulett
    rhulett Posts: 89
    edited June 2007
    Don't you have a garbage can in your master bath? We're not talking big green garbage can liners here, it's small kitchen bags.:mad:

one bag was the almost full garbage can, the not so full bag was my daughter's snack mess from the tv/ sitting area.

I didn't realize we had Martha Stewart posting here.

I'm sorry if my post offended you, I didn't mean to. I just got a picture of 2 large garbage bags filled with stuff.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    kingkip wrote: »

Definitely the second option. Anytime you can wear your ninja outfit, you should.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Rivrrat
    edited June 2007
    rhulett wrote: »
    I'm sorry if my post offended you, I didn't mean to. I just got a picture of 2 large garbage bags filled with stuff.

No worries, I knew what you were picturing. It'll take a lot more than that to offend me. ;)

The two big garbage bags will be the clothes in the walk in closet I take to Goodwill that my wife thinks she'll wear again someday. :rolleyes:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    She was trying to save space in the can.

For what?