I need therapy!

warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I keep saying to my wife that I am done buying and selling audio gear. Every time I clear everything out, good deals seem to pop up and I start buying again. This was an exceptionally bad couple of weeks.

I bought the following:

Synthesis s300 amp (Ebay $75.00 shipped)
SDA SRS 2's and Adcom GFA555 (Craigslist $650.00)
Sony DE915 receiver (Craigslist $35.00)
B&K Reference 20 mint with original box and packing (Craigslist $300.00)
Adcom GFA555, Sony X222ES cd payer, Inifinity SS2002 (Craigslist $35.00) I felt quilty taking these from the poor guy.

I will be keeping the SDA's, Synthesis and the B&K, the rest will have to go.

Craigslist is so addicting, but you have to be quick nowadays.

I love and hate this hobby, but it does pay for the upgrades.
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    I wouldn't need therapy, I'd need either a bullet proof vest of a good divorce lawer.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    How about $50 bucks for the GFA 555 you picked up today?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2007
    Did you call him? He said someone called and offered $50.00. He didn't have my phone number so he couldn't call me back to raise the offer. I respect the guy for holding it while I made the hour drive.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    Yeah I called him and he said someone was on their way from Virginia to buy it and he asked me what it's worth and I told him I would give him $ 50.00. Then he said that somebody was going to get a great deal today. I said they sure were. He was certainly a stand up guy for doing that.

I am glad it was somebody from the board.

Kudos to you.

I posted in the thread for threadjacking thread that I just missed a Adcom GFA 555 for $20.00 and CD player to boot.

I don't think my wife would even get mad at me for that purchase.:D

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D