Boxes, boxes, boxes

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
First, pardon me for being in a chatty, inquisitive mood.

Are you all keeping your speaker, electronic, and TV boxes or just keeping the manual?

Speaker boxes alone are killing me. I'm running out of space.
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    I keep everything. Carton storage is easy, just break them down, fold flat and store. Granted, the packing material can be a little more difficult, but you need that too if you ever want to sell/ship an item.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    I try to. Speaker boxes are the hardest to keep because their so big.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited June 2007
    I keep it all except TV boxes, those are just to massive. Remotes stay together in a ziploc bag, manuals get hole punched and placed in a big binder, and boxes with packing material are in the attic.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    I've even kept the packaging that came with my wife.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Keep it all. You will be glad you did when Ebay time comes around.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited June 2007
    I keep it all.

Even the TV box.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Boxes are very important. Unless it's something that won't have much, if any, resale value, try your best to keep the boxes.

My whole storage closet is full of nothing but boxes.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    IF you can , put boxes in boxes. Speaker boxes even with packing materials usually have enough room(well un less you have slender speaker, I prefer the fat kind.)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    I keep them ALL. I was going to throw away the box for the 50" Plasma, but decided to keep it. Oh, I have a garage which helps.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Argh. Knew you all would say "keep it". Well, Spring Clean time and I'll have to get creative. Maybe rent some storage. Yuck.

Thx!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited June 2007
    I try to keep everything. Several of my used pieces are boxless. I will usually pay 5-10% more for used stuff if it includes an orignal box and packing.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited June 2007
    I made monsterous shelves in the garage to hold - get this... empty boxes.

Is that not awesome?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    I try to keep them all, however it's tough when you have very limited space...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited June 2007
    I keep just about everything except for the big TV boxes. The box for my 51" Toshiba RPTV was bigger than me. It had to go after the 30 day return period. Not like I'll ever sell that big 180lb sucker on Ebay anyway. My 42" Panny plasma box has me scratching my head though. I still have it since I'm within the return period, but I doubt I'll ever put it on Ebay since it weighs close to 100lbs with the stand and is too fragile for anything but freight delivery. I could probably break it down and store it in the attic, but I'm I really don't see the need for it. I might keep the stand holder part of the box in case I wall mount it and don't need the stand, but the rest of it will likely be in the trash in a couple weeks.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...