A Grand Time

BlueMDPicker
BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I finally made it up the road today to exit 5 on the NJTP, and to George Grand's home, for a day of great conversations, music, food and a few laughs. I heard my first Carver Amazings, which were simply that, and got a brief introduction to the wealth of American history rooted in the area. My kind of day with my kind of people. Thanks once again George!
Post edited by BlueMDPicker on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    Every time I see George I want to leap into his arms like we just got married.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    Where are the pictures of you two old ****?:D ;)

Socializing with good folks and music is the formula for a wonderful time. Glad you boys got together!
    Carl

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    A Grand adventure indeed, glad you guys had a time of it, hope you hoisted a Gosling's or two.

RT1
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Mike doesn't seem THAT old to me... Sweet, getting jealous of all these local get togethers... ;) Might just have o host something to meet all you local fools....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    York's not that far. The next Tri-state get-together we have I'll let you know.

I'm heading over to Jesse's in the morning. I can't wait. . .

BTW there are a shitload of Polkies in Maryland. . . Mike you'll probably hear me and Jesse yelling at each other, I can't hear out of my right ear and Jesse seems to have developed a temporary case of tinitus!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would love to hear those perfectly, so I hear, set up Amazings.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a GREAT day.

The Mt. Holly area is a COOL place to be sure.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a truly good time. Wish I had been there.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited June 2007
    I'm sure I'll feel the earth move up here in Baltimore from Jesse's rig. Hearing, if you've never seen Jesse's rig, then you're in for a real treat. I tell him time and time again that he has my dream rig. That Musical Fidelity stuff is amazing!

I attended a get together yesterday in Southeast PA with a Photography forum I hang on. A gentlemen and his wife hosted a cookout. Turned out to be a great day! Audio and Photography...my 2 addictions in life!

John
    No excuses!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Glad you guys had a good time. Have heard nothing but nice things about George. Hope to meet him someday.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    No pictures of the old farts this time, and my allergies were so wild we skipped the Goslings. Despite wishes that you all might have been there, it was perfect to have the initial 1:1 time with George this trip exploring the truly small world we share.

Mt. Holly is a cool place. Personal highlights for me were: getting to see the Githens Center, having the best cheeseburger I've tasted in years, and sitting with George at a small bridge outside town contemplating the "what if?" of this:

petticoatbridge1.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited June 2007
    George is a stand up guy and also would like to meet the old **** one
    day.Glad you guy's had a good time of it,I can imagine the stories 'ol GG has to tell.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    Mike is hardcore, and a pretty right guy. He has no use for a lot of the things I have no use for. Perfect! A lovely visit. Little cheeseburger activity at George's Restaurant in downtown Mt. Holly. Tour of the town, then a drive out to Petticoat Bridge Road. I never even saw him take a picture of the placard.

The deal was, America was getting the **** kicked out of it. There were a shitload of nasty boy Hessians at both Bordentown (right next to Trenton), and at Black Horse (now Columbus) about 5-6 miles southeast of Trenton. Washington knew that if he tried to take Trenton, and these Hessians got involved, he'd get his **** handed to him. So he tells this Colonel Griffin individual to come from Filthadelphia to the South Jersey area, round up some of the local boys, and go torment the Hessians. The idea being to draw them south away from Trenton. Our guys go up there, take a few shots, moon them (personally I would've went with mother jokes right off the bat) and do whatever else. They take the bait and our guys retreat south to Mount Holly. It worked. In fact, except for the part about the Battle of Mount Holly, it actually worked pretty good. When the Hessians and their British officers realized they got suckered away from the real party up in Trenton, they followed our guys for maybe 5 or 6 miles ALL THE WAY to Mount Holly. They parked their artillery on the "mount" of Mount Holly, and our guys set theirs up on Iron Works Hill, which was unfortunate for the residents of the town cause it pretty much sat in between the two. Anyhow they wailed away at each other for awhile until our guys split. The British Zeroes and the Hessians hung around for Christmas 1776 and ****. We have one "tavern" in town that served the Brit 0's and is still in operation to this day. The Brit 0's ordered many of the townspeople to quarter the Hessians which must've been great for the townspeople having 8 or 10 future **** they never met before over the house for Christmas. Anyhow, they went to lose someplace else after awhile cause Trenton was the turning point of the war for us and you can thank the ancestors of some of the wackjobs I hang around with sometimes for the favor. Imagine a country from New York to California where nobody can **** cook. You know, that thought alone.....

Great visit Mike!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Mike is hardcore, and a pretty right guy. He has no use for a lot of the things I have no use for. Perfect! A lovely visit. Little cheeseburger activity at George's Restaurant in downtown Mt. Holly. Tour of the town, then a drive out to Petticoat Bridge Road. I never even saw him take a picture of the placard.

The deal was, America was getting the **** kicked out of it. There were a shitload of nasty boy Hessians at both Bordentown (right next to Trenton), and at Black Horse (now Columbus) about 5-6 miles southeast of Trenton. Washington knew that if he tried to take Trenton, and these Hessians got involved, he'd get his **** handed to him. So he tells this Colonel Griffin individual to come from Filthadelphia to the South Jersey area, round up some of the local boys, and go torment the Hessians. The idea being to draw them south away from Trenton. Our guys go up there, take a few shots, moon them (personally I would've went with mother jokes right off the bat) and do whatever else. They take the bait and our guys retreat south to Mount Holly. It worked. In fact, except for the part about the Battle of Mount Holly, it actually worked pretty good. When the Hessians and their British officers realized they got suckered away from the real party up in Trenton, they followed our guys for maybe 5 or 6 miles ALL THE WAY to Mount Holly. They parked their artillery on the "mount" of Mount Holly, and our guys set theirs up on Iron Works Hill, which was unfortunate for the residents of the town cause it pretty much sat in between the two. Anyhow they wailed away at each other for awhile until our guys split. The British Zeroes and the Hessians hung around for Christmas 1776 and ****. We have one "tavern" in town that served the Brit 0's and is still in operation to this day. The Brit 0's ordered many of the townspeople to quarter the Hessians which must've been great for the townspeople having 8 or 10 future **** they never met before over the house for Christmas. Anyhow, they went to lose someplace else after awhile cause Trenton was the turning point of the war for us and you can thank the ancestors of some of the wackjobs I hang around with sometimes for the favor. Imagine a country from New York to California where nobody can **** cook. You know, that thought alone.....

Great visit Mike!

Very entertaining read! I love hearing stories of the Colonials kicking the **** out of the Brits and those animal Hessians.

Good stuff Mike!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited June 2007
    I'm torn! I don't know where I would have rather been! Hanging with George or chalking up a win at the track!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    I never even saw him take a picture of the placard.
    I didn't, George. I found it on the net--but, that was the EXACT view I had of it.
    Great visit Mike!
    Thank you! The pleasure was all mine.