Great catches

Options
NeilGabriel
NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I'm headed off to fish in northern Minnesota next week, and I won't catch anything better than this. Earlier this week I got in some close to mint Monitor 5s Series 2 with the SL 2500. I thought $60 was a steal. Today, I picked up local a pair of 10Bs from the original owner for $120. A retired electrical engineer who bought them new in 1988 and took them home and put them about 5 feet up on his brick mantle and never moved them again. Except for some scratches on the bottom, they are flawless. They have the SL2000. He also had the original brochure and sales receipt. He paid $650 for these. Below is a copy of the front page of the brochure with pics of the Monitor Reference Series 11, 10B, 7C, 5B, 5jr+ and 4. That infamous 11 is a floor standing speaker with built in "stand" and tweeter on top. The brochure lists the 10 as a 10B. Mid is 6503. Not sure why they call the 5jr a 5jr+. I have both and my jr+ has a passive radiator. Can you tell I'm pysched. Now to put in the RDO in one of my 10s. I need an H9 roadtrip.

P.S. The passive on the 11 is listed as 10 inch. It sure looks bigger.
Post edited by NeilGabriel on

Comments