Mirage SM-1

JimBRICK
JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys as I saying in a previous thread I bought a pair of MIrage speakers cause they were super cheap at a garage sale (30 bucks) I get them home and they're pretty mint and sounded beautiful. I looked all over the net and the only thing I could find out is that they are the first speaker mirage released. Does anyone have any info on these speakers. I even emailed Mirage and the guy told me all he could say was what I allready knew and that they hadn't kept the records and he'd get back to me. Any help would be great, these things sound awesome and I'm using them for now in my 2 channel budget rig
2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Ah memories,I used to sell Mirages back in the day.I can tell you they were designed by Kevin Voekes now of Revel fame and I believe they used a Philips dome tweeter and a custom 8" woofer.They did get some rave reviews back in the early 80's and they were well regarded for their performance and value.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Gee no response Jim, not the type of info you were looking for?:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    He's getting a pedicure.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    manicure actaully :)
    I was busy yesterday babysitting my neice and nephew as well as having my own boy so I had my hands full

thanks for the info
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction