Need some quick purchase advice........POR FAVOR!

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Denon DCM-380 5 disc cd player excellent condition
Adcom GFA-535II Amplifier 100 Watts Excellent condition
Adcom GTP-400 Tuner/Pre-Amp Excellent condition

I have the guy holding them now for me at a price of $200. What do you guys think?

I will be using the Adcom-535II to power my Monitor 5's and the CD player because my pioneer 25 disc is heading to the boneyard.

Attached pictures.

Let me know please!!! I am going to try and pick these up today!
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    For $200 it is a good deal. If you get it and decide its not for you, you should be able to resell it and get all your money out of it with no problem.

Michael

Edit - after looking up costs on E-bay, I would still consider it a good deal, but about market value. (well below if you do not have to pay for shipping on all the items.) for $200, you would have the makings of a nice little 2 channel system.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    You think it would be a good addition to my current setup?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited June 2007
    I'd buy that amp for sure.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    I just finished a crossover upgrade on my 5's---listened to them thru an adcom 535,and a adcom 400 series pre---for 200.00 get em',,if you don't like it,I'll buy em from you.The 535 is a powerful little amp,,a "sleeper",I think that you will be surprised with that rig. Good luck:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    I just finished a crossover upgrade on my 5's---listened to them thru an adcom 535,and a adcom 400 series pre---for 200.00 get em',,if you don't like it,I'll buy em from you.The 535 is a powerful little amp,,a "sleeper",I think that you will be surprised with that rig. Good luck:)

I've been wanting to do a crossover/tweeter upgrade on all my monitors, especially the 10s......wouldn't even know where to begin to do it myself and I know it's alot of $$ to pay someone.
  • george daniel
    edited June 2007
    I've been wanting to do a crossover/tweeter upgrade on all my monitors, especially the 10s......wouldn't even know where to begin to do it myself and I know it's alot of $$ to pay someone.

If you have decent soldering skills,or practice/learn them,,it's not really that difficult, I've learned alot about polks,,I think they call it "osmosis":D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    If you have decent soldering skills,or practice/learn them,,it's not really that difficult, I've learned alot about polks,,I think they call it "osmosis":D

Mind PM'ing me your parts list for your 5s and where you got them? Maybe I'll price it out and give it a try. :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    Sorry George, it's empty now.
  • george daniel
    edited June 2007
    clean out your inbox
  • george daniel
    edited June 2007
    pm'd
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    Beat ya by a minute :)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    Just got back from picking them up. Going to be selling the GTP-400 probably.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2007
    One thing to keep in mind, the GTP-400 was designed to smooth out the slight harshness that the 535 can give off. You may want to listen to them together, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    One thing to keep in mind, the GTP-400 was designed to smooth out the slight harshness that the 535 can give off. You may want to listen to them together, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks, I've been thinking all night about taking my Monitor 5's out of my HT setup and doing a 2 channel rig with the Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, and another Ipod hookup of some sort.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Nice deal. Did you grab a bottle from the shelf when the seller wasn't looking? Quit overthinking and give it a try. The 5's can take over 100 clean watts.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited June 2007
    Bagged,

Not toot my own horn but here is the link for when I did my 5b's. It' very well worth it. My 5b's sound fantastic. PM any questions and I'll try to help. Do you have the sl2000 or the peerless tweet?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51420

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!