Strider

MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I went over to Bens house last night for a little get together. I got to listen to a bunch of vinyl, the clamp, some SACD's. We both agreed we liked the sound of vinyl over the CD's. It was also the first time I had really listened to Carver gear and it does sound very nice.

Ben thanks again for having me over and you are welcome to come listen to my gear anytime.

Scott
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    Hey man, my pleasure! It was great getting the chance to hang out with somebody else that's interested in things audio like I am. I've never had the opportunity to sit down and listen at length with somebody that has an opinion on how my system reproduces music. Jesse (F1Nut) was kind enough to come over to help me with a concern I was having with my SDA's, but we didn't have the chance to sit down for hours and try out a bunch of music.

We did get to listen to hearingimpaired's Clamp, I'll write something up on my impressions after I do some more critical listening. First thing I thought was that the Clamp brought out more of each instrument, voice, etc. It was as if it gave you more information for your ear to wrap itself around.

I'm very interested to hear Scott's tube set up. It'll be my first experience with tubes, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    I actually listened to a litlle vinyl this morning after being inspired from last night.

You are welcome to hear my modest tube amps anytime. Unfortunately we can't listen to my 2B's with the tubes but we could start with the Monitor 5's and then change out to the RTA 11t's. After that we can listen to the 2B's using two of the channels in my 5 channel amp.

Ben, bring some of your reference material including vinyl and will give everything a spin.

Thanks again for last night and Joe your Clamp is a nice piece of engineering.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Hell yeah! Cool to hear! I think we need to get a regional get together in the Philly/b-more area
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin