For Trade: Lsi9s in ebony or LSi7s in cherry for Lsi7s in ebony

Options
AndyGwis
AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Okay, so I have the good fortune of living near a Tweeter and can get a pair of Lsi9s in ebony, new (but I think out of box) for like $500 out the door. Maybe even cheaper if I can do some sweet talking.

Good deal, but the LSi9s are way too big for my bedroom setup. I really want Lsi7s in ebony, but they are out and only have one pair of showroom left in cherry.

So, would anyone be willing to trade their ebony Lsi7s in near perfect shape and about $200 (whatever is fair based on market value) for some minty Lsi9s?

Or, trade some ebony Lsi7s in near perfect condition for a pair of fairly minty Lsi7s in cherry?

Let me know so I can go grab them. Or, let me know where I can get some Lsi7s in ebony for a fantastic deal. Or, I would be willing to trade my RT600s + cash for Lsi7s in ebony.

Andy
Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
Post edited by AndyGwis on

Comments

• jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I might be willing to trade my ebony Lsi7s. Hmmm, thinking.......

As you said, market value my 7s need to be determined I suppose.

Thinking.....
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I have a mint pair of LSi 7's in ebony that I would be willing to trade for the LSi 9's plus cash.

jrlouie is first in line though, so if he posts back and passes, we can talk.

I have all original packing and the speakers have MAYBE, 2 hours of very low volume playing time on them.

John
    No excuses!
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Okay, so I have the good fortune of living near a Tweeter and can get a pair of Lsi9s in ebony, new (but I think out of box) for like $500 out the door. Maybe even cheaper if I can do some sweet talking.

Good deal, but the LSi9s are way too big for my bedroom setup. I really want Lsi7s in ebony, but they are out and only have one pair of showroom left in cherry.

So, would anyone be willing to trade their ebony Lsi7s in near perfect shape and about $200 (whatever is fair based on market value) for some minty Lsi9s?

Or, trade some ebony Lsi7s in near perfect condition for a pair of fairly minty Lsi7s in cherry?

Let me know so I can go grab them. Or, let me know where I can get some Lsi7s in ebony for a fantastic deal. Or, I would be willing to trade my RT600s + cash for Lsi7s in ebony.

Andy

Andy,
    We must have hit the same Tweeter store the past 8 weeks. If you saw an Asian guy rolling out a pair of 15's, pair of 25's, 9's+2x7's, that was me. :D

Sorry for going off on a tangent.
  • jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Well, it breaks my heart to do this since I've always wanted to try out some Lsi9s, but I am going to pass. I have the box, but can't seem to locate any of the internal packaging and would hate for them to not arrive perfectly. Also since I have my Lsi15s, I really don't have a use for them except for surround duty which the Lsi7s work just great for.
    Thanks for the few minutes of your time while I thought about it ;)

Batter up!
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'm gonna go grab the Lsi9s tomorrow (hoping they are still there). I'll report back tomorrow morning and we can go from there, Strong.

Hope they are still there. I knew I should've just grabbed them while I was there tonight.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'm gonna go grab the Lsi9s tomorrow (hoping they are still there). I'll report back tomorrow morning and we can go from there, Strong.

Hope they are still there. I knew I should've just grabbed them while I was there tonight.

Just buy the 9's and be done with it. $450+tax in black on the tollway.
    You know you really want them.
    Just listen to the little voice in your head.:rolleyes:
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Send me some pictures of the Cherry 7's i have all the boxes and packing that my ebony 7's came in. If everything checks out I would probably be willing to swap... let me know..

Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Quick update, didn't get either pair yet. The 9's were still there, but once I took them off the display shelf and really looked them over, they had some significant scratching on the bottom. So, I felt it was best to just pass on them.

Who knows, if the price drops again, I may snag them.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Quick update, didn't get either pair yet. The 9's were still there, but once I took them off the display shelf and really looked them over, they had some significant scratching on the bottom. So, I felt it was best to just pass on them.

Who knows, if the price drops again, I may snag them.

I saw them too. Maybe at 60%. How bout that odd lsi15 pair- two lefts different finishes.

BTW, you ever see the thread on removing the side panels on LSI speakers to make them piano black.
    The wood sides are held on with double sided tape.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • AndyGwis
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Yeah, I thought about that. Personally, I think the ebony sides look great, but all black (cherry sides removed) would be an option.

A real shame about those 15s, what a great price.

I'm probably just going to sit tight and hit them up in a few days, maybe when they've had another price break. I'd take some not minty 9's for $350 or so, no doubt.