PETERNG Posts: 918
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Avoid this crap.

Wanna see a great film this weekend? See Ghost World, or The Deep End or The Others.

Or, go to your local DVD rental place and see the best film of the last year or so, Momento.

And stop making fun of WhiteSnake. I'm very sensitive. I will cry.

See "Apocalypse Now" on a big screen while you still have the chance.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Why can't you look at a movie as a form of pure entertainement? Why does a movie have to be thought provocative and deep? Half of the time I'm just looking to be entertained for 2 hours, nothing more. I get enough thought provocative crap in class.

Aaron
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2001
    I'm getting ready to start my fall semester in college, so my mind will be tied up on all those network security lessons. Give me some entertainment (although DJing in a strip club will provide that for 4 days a week).

Tell ya what, I'm going to find out where Micah's house is and throw a flaming bag of doggie **** on his front porch. That'll teach him to lighten up on his movie critic ways. Better yet, I'll invite myself in and relieve him of that Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man doll he has.
    No excuses!
  • PETERNG
    edited September 2001
    Originally posted by Micah

Or, go to your local DVD rental place and see the best film of the last year or so, Momento.

MC

I've just paid 16 bucks for the Momento's DVD @ lunch, looking forward to watch it tonite...:)
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    About to watch MOMENTO? I have just two words for you: PAY ATTENTION

I have to go buy it. It's a heck of a flick! After you watch it, check this article out:

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/06/28/memento_analysis/index.html

As for the entertainment value quotient... What if the movies that I mentioned were also entertaining? What if they engaged your mind in a sort of entertainment-like exercise? I mean, is it really "fun" to spend your hard-earned bucks these days on something that took no thought at all on the part of the creator? You just throw money at them! You demand nothing in return? You'd give your money to some faceless, talentless hack, to sit in a scummy theater and put your head back on a seat headrest where a hundred thousand other unwashed souls have laid their dirty, lice-infested heads... And all for something that is the mental equivalent of cotton candy (melts in the warmth of your mouth, and leaves nothing)?

MOMENTO! Like a rollercoaster ride in hell!

Why not see a movie that will give you honest chills ("The Others"), or make you laugh with wonder at its ingenuity ("Momento"), or make you actually feel something ("Ghost World")?

I am Micah. I am a movie snob.
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• PETERNG
    edited September 2001
    Yeap, no contest... am ready...showtime will begins at 7pm tonite...no seat belt required...:D :p:)
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    Well Leonard? Did you kill your wife, or what? :cool:

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• PETERNG
    edited September 2001
    This is one heck of a movie, calee, your brain wuz hard and don’t even think that you can take a 2 minutes intermission…dam..m… it, I have to watch it again tonite… an excellent movie, a masterpiece… a question for u Micah, did the producer ever ask Brad Pitt to play Leonard’s role???
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    I don't know much more about "Momento" than you do. I saw it in the theater and it left my head spinning.

Last night I bought the DVD for myself ($16 @ SoundGarden, John!), and if you read that article (link in my previous post), it might help a little. That guy takes it apart and puts it back together again. (I've heard that the canadian version of the DVD has a "chronological viewing" function, but you have to still access each scene because there's no "play all" command.) But it's just an effed up flick, man! You can't take your eyes off the screen or you'll miss some effed up piece of evidence or something! I can't wait to see it again, maybe tonight.

I think Guy Pierce did a bang up job of it. Who needs Brad Pitt? (Who I like, BTW, so don't start any "Brad Pitt is great" flames. I'll have to kick your ****.)

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• PETERNG
    edited September 2001
    I have no complaint about the actor in this movie ( the girl from the Matrix movie did a good job also), my linking to Brad Pitt is: a crazy movie I watched a long time ago, and I think the title was "Kalifornia"(am just asking the question man, no hard feelings). anywaitz, I must watch this movie one more time b 4 I read the article. Thanx for the tips....:D
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    I just watched "Kalifornia" last week on Justin's recommendation. I love when Brad Pitt plays against type, as he does in his best stuff ("12 Monkeys," "Fight Club," and [for him at least] "Kalifornia"). But I found "Kalifornia" to just be sort of lame and predictable. And I hate that chick, always playing 'tards, what's her name, Juliette Lewis. She's awful.

I'd recommend "Kalifornia." It's not a great DVD, but it's average. And it's not a great movie, but there's lots of guns and stuff, and Brad Pitt is really interesting. I just think he's so funny when he plays the anti-Brad Pitt type. All dirty and messed up. "12 Monkeys" is so cool because of that. He's great!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• PETERNG
    edited September 2001
    I picked up The 12 Monkeys and The jackal a coupe days ago, they bundle the two DVDs together and sell them at the unbelievable price of $18, I could not resist...If u watch closely, Leonard in the Memento's movie, the hair-do, bare chest and tatoo... these things remind me of Brad Pitts... He was great in Kalifornia but terrible in The Mexican... BTW, if u like foreign films, I would recomend u rent Red, White and Blue (VHS only, sorry no DVD), remember these are 3 different movies(same director), not one...:cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    The three "color" films are great, I last saw them all three at a screening at The Discovery Channel Studios a few years back. One of my friends is a huge fan of that filmmaker guy (whose name starts with a "K" but elludes me now). She can't wait for these to come to DVD. thedigitalbits.com says that they are coming to DVD as a set later this year or early next.

"The Jackal" is a cool DVD flick but an utterly idiotic movie. The DVD looks good, but the movie is so idiotic it's difficult to take. I usually like Bruce Willis when he just walks thru rolls like that (even tho I couldn't get thru "Last Man Standing," what crap!), but you will find that "12 Monkeys" is a far far superior film. It's on a totally different level. (And the documentary on the "12 Monkeys" disc is great, too! It really puts in the middle of the production.)

I want to go home and watch "Momento"!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com