I hate it when..

dudeinaroom
dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
some one owes you money, and just will not pay up. I'm not going to go into any detail. He said he has mailed me a check twice, but it was returned. Sent me the address that I sent him to mail it to and it was right. It's only 40 bucks, but it is 40 bucks I could use. I gave him my paypal info, and even sent him and invoice with my paypal details. It just ticks me off. I'm tempted to pm shack with a negative feed back for this person, even though it was not audio gear, but a service.

Anyways, I'm done blowing off steam. Just expected more from a polkie

Later,
dude
Post edited by dudeinaroom on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Speaking from the other side of this situation, I had a real problem getting a $230 check to HearingImpared....To the tune of one coming back (by my own fault, I f'd up the address), and the second going into the USPS ether....I finally had to two-day-air a check through UPS about two weeks later....Sometimes **** happens man...
  • dudeinaroom
    edited May 2007
    Well I know the address is right, because he quoted it back to me. Oh well, I'm used to getting burned, I'll just chalk it up to my luck evening it's self out(man am I do for something really good to happen).
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    Dude, dont let it just blow over.

Make sure the member pays up or pays the consquences...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    I had teh same problem trying to pay for this integrated I bought from andy and I'm really embarrased. My paypal is verified now and as soon as it clears I'm sending him the payment. screw sending **** in the mail. When I bought my receiver from doro the damn MO took 2 weeks to get to him and I sent it registered
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    I'm tempted to pm shack with a negative feed back for this person, even though it was not audio gear, but a service.

Do it and tell us who it is, so that no one else here gets burned.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    I post a lot on a cigar board, and if someone stiffs a member on a sale or trade, he's usually give a reasonable amount of time to make it right, or he'll get outed.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    I hope whomever the person is, will read this thread and pay you the $40 he owes you..

Side note: Just because a person is part of Club Polk and a Polkie, doesn't mean there still aren't people who live by the same standards as the rest of the good people in here..

I don't know who this person is and i can't say anything bad about them... but in here we all go on the honor system. That being that you don't burn your fellow polkie on a deal, by misrepresenting the quality of an item being sold, and that you ship out the item and exchange funds in a timely manner.

For every one bad deal that happens.. there are at least two dozen good ones that take place all the time.

sorry you are getting nowhere dude.. keep trying. Sometimes people don't check email or log onto here everyday like me. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    I post a lot on a cigar board, and if someone stiffs a member on a sale or trade, he's usually give a reasonable amount of time to make it right, or he'll get outed.

outed? is he crossdresser or something? :eek: LOL

I think you mean ousted ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    Well, maybe he needs to be outed too. :D
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2007
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited June 2007
    2 words; Judge Judy.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • dudeinaroom
    edited June 2007
    I'll give it a couple days, he has quite a few things up for sale right now(the past month or so). I hope no one gets burned. I've also posted a message to him and I know he was on after I posted yesterday(he was on at 1:03 this morning).

Here is a PM I just sent him
    Dude, I know it's only 40 buck, but I can really use it. you can paypal it to me: dudeinaroom@hotmail.com and I'll eat the 3% or what ever they charge. I've sent you a few pms and have e-mailed you an invoice(so you can claim it for your business at the end of the year, I'll even send you a hard copy marked paid if you need me to). I'll give you a couple days, and if you do not respond to me, and I see that you are/have been on the forums and don't respond to me, I'll name you in a thread I have going right now, as well as post links to my thread in your sales.

Sorry but I really need the money and every little bit counts right now.

Hoping to hear from you soon,
    Ted
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    IMO there NO EXCUSE for being evasive with your responsibilities. Get your funds and then "Turf The ****."
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited June 2007
    The gauntlets been thrown. Let's hope he rises to the challenge and comes out clean.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Ok Ok... I'm sorry. Here's the forty bucks dude... now get back to posting in the Threadjacking thread ;)

No, in all seriousness, you should let this thread be visible for a day or so at most, then post his name and call him out. If you can't pay, you shouldn't buy. If we don't police ourselves, who will?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• dudeinaroom
    edited June 2007
    Mr, I love the last line of your sig. roflpmp
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    There is no excuse for a lack of communication. When Bill was having his problem with me he kept me in the loop so I wasn't worrying that I was going to get beat. Whoever it is, is either a very busy guy or just has a cavalier attitude when it comes to other peoples money.

Dude, give him a few more days, PM a couple more times and if he doesn't reply LAY HIM OUT!!!
  • dudeinaroom
    edited June 2007
    He forgot, and the wrong has been righted, and that is all that needs to be said.