Billy Donovan to fill Orlando Magic vacancy

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Major news in college sports as it appears Billy Donovan will be filling the head coach position with the Orlando Magic. You'd think his mentor Rick Pitino would have steered him clear from such a dangerous leap considering his mountain of misfortune with the Boston Celtics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/05/31/donovan.magic/index.html
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    It's being reported that he has been offered a GURANTEED contract for 4 years at 6 million per year. I'd say that's 24 million reasons for him to at least consider it. Remember, his team is going to be very young and is in the process of rebuilding (if that's possible for back to back champions).

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Plus he'll be given more control over team operations than your average coach. But then again... so was Pitino.
    It's a dangerous move. But if he succeeds, he'll go from "great" to "legend."
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore