Will this work for me?

Options
rayjj
rayjj Posts: 4
edited June 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
OK I am not overly schooled on subs, I usually just get myself a nice head unit and door speakers and leave it at that. But, I got myself a cheap empty MTX Thunderform for my Durango, and I need an 8" sub for it. I am going to power it with a Kole amp, the way I will run it will be 250w rms and 480 peak. I was looking at the Polk subs, in particular the MM2084. I am wondering how this will fit in the enclosure. Here is a pic that MTX showed me when picking out dimensions.

prodMagMountDD8.gif

Cardomain's website says the following leading me to think maybe this will fit for me:

"Acoustically inert, MOMO designed stamped steel basket with massive, rock-solid non-flexing magnet and motor assembly with removable Rubber Magnet Boot for more damping and deeper install flexibility (reduces product depth by 1/4-inch)."

Polks site lists: Top Mount 4-1/4" (10.79cm)
Cardomain lists: Mounting Depth: 3 15/16

Do we think this will work for me?
Post edited by rayjj on

Comments

• CarolinaSP3
    CarolinaSP3 Posts: 2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    NO. This will not work for you. The diagram you supplied clearly shows a mounting depth of 3 7/8 inches. The Polk speaker in question requires 4 1/4 inch minimum depth. If you can come up with a 1/2 inch spacer and purchase a grill kit, you might make it work, but it would obviously stick out a bit.
  • B2Bomber
    B2Bomber Posts: 24
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'd have to agree with CarolinaSP3. even with the magnet boot removed, the top mount mounting depth according to the manual is 4".