Work Burn Out

MSALLA
MSALLA Posts: 1,602
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Man, I am sitting at my desk unable to do anything. If I get one more dumb call or have to talk to the new office girl we have, no brains (or looks) at all, one more time I think I will blow a gasket.
If I didn't have this site, I would have started yelling about 1/2 hour ago and people would have quit. Not really a bad thing but I have been politly told by the bosses that the temper should be controlled at all times right or wrong.

I think if I tip my head to the side my brains will run out of my ear.

I need to get away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :eek: :confused:
Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
Yamaha RX-V2500
(2) Outlaw 200
Adcom GFA 555
Sony BDP300
Denon 2900 DVD
Lsi9's mains
Lsi7's rear
Lsic center
12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
Harmony 880
Post edited by MSALLA on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Get back to work slacker:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2007
    Nothing a baseball bat can't fix. Calgon take me away...
  • MSALLA
    edited May 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Nothing a baseball bat can't fix. Calgon take me away...

The bat sounds good. But I think I am going with Patrone....take me away, hold the salt and lemon this is an emergency!!!!!!!

F*** this I'm going to tasteful babes!!!!!!!!
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited May 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    The bat sounds good. But I think I am going with Patrone....take me away, hold the salt and lemon this is an emergency!!!!!!!

There goes my advice. MMMM, hubcap margarita. It's what's getting me through the day.

2nd_nacho-mamas_thumbnail.gif
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    I literally had one patient today complain that she didn't want the 'cheap generic crap' and then less than a minute later **** about the price for her brand copay. STFU!
  • MSALLA
    edited May 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I literally had one patient today complain that she didn't want the 'cheap generic crap' and then less than a minute later **** about the price for her brand copay. STFU!

That's the same kind of stupid stuff that is driving me to drink. Only it's not only customers. I have a salesman and a new office girl who are lacking in the brain area.

I'm joking but it's really not funny. I am really stressed out!!!!!!!
    Blood pressure was 180 over 102. I'm 36 for christ sake.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    Man, I am sitting at my desk unable to do anything. If I get one more dumb call or have to talk to the new office girl we have, no brains (or looks) at all, one more time I think I will blow a gasket.
    If I didn't have this site, I would have started yelling about 1/2 hour ago and people would have quit. Not really a bad thing but I have been politly told by the bosses that the temper should be controlled at all times right or wrong.

I think if I tip my head to the side my brains will run out of my ear.

I need to get away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :eek: :confused:

Start leaving issues of Guns & Ammo in the bathroom.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    That's the same kind of stupid stuff that is driving me to drink. Only it's not only customers. I have a salesman and a new office girl who are lacking in the brain area.

damn, you're gonna blow a gasket if your blood pressure goes any higher man... calm down... take a deep breath.. and think you'll be home soon. and can listen to some nice calming music on your rig.. and drink a cocktail. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Eff that...
    go Postal.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007

Not good Bro, get the hell out of there for a few days and just enjoy the kids or something. Take a ride down to Atlantic City and eat and drink and gamble to your hearts content this weekend. That ought to help burn off some of the agida!!!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Take a few days off and chill. When I was working the night shift and getting stressed to the max I took a long weekend and felt much better. Even if you just sit at home and relax and listen to some tunes.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2007
    create an alter-ego. schizophrenic-style. become your own bestest buddy. keep yourself company. works for me.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2007
    I am really stressed out!!!!!!!

time to release your stress at your local mama-san massage....:)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    polkatese wrote: »

No doubt about a good massage.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    Hee hee, I know the feeling. Bee working 14-18 hour days on Friday, Tuesday and Today for a meeting tomorrow only to have the head moron of the company we are working for postpone it for to next Tuesday (which was the original schedule). I hate dumb people...

Quick work related stress story: One of my coworkers went to the doctor for a routine checkup and got sent to the hospital for stress. His BP was around ~220/160 or so IIRC. It was STUPID high. (of course it could be from the 6 cans of mountain dew he had every morning before noon, plus a cup of cofee) . When he came back to work he was so drugged out that he no longer cared. Kinda scary, kinda funny...

Hmm, still have some valium left over... I'M OUGHTTA HERE! WOO WOO!!!!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited May 2007
    Or a Natty Boh and a hubcap of chips and salsa.
    strider wrote: »
    There goes my advice. MMMM, hubcap margarita. It's what's getting me through the day.

2nd_nacho-mamas_thumbnail.gif
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    A somewhat expensive solution that works for me...

Buy used CD's from Amazon's different vendors. You'll get stuff in the mail for the next 2 works. You'll constantly be wondering what's coming in the mail every day. I order every 2 weeks so stuff comes all the time. It's like Christmas every day.

Right now, I'm at the office and there's a 77lb box marked Outlaw LFM-1 Plus that hasn't been opened yet. Merry effin Christmas!

That's how I deal with stupid stuff at the office.
  • venomclan
    edited May 2007
    polkatese wrote: »

I frequent the Happy Ending Massage Parlor.

Tell them Venom sent ya.
    V
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    When I get tired of the brainless conversation, stupid ideas and all the complaining I generally just shut up... :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    When I get tired of the brainless conversation, stupid ideas and all the complaining I generally just shut up... :D
    madmax

Wise words. I would complain less if I could turn off my brain.
  • MSALLA
    edited May 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    damn, you're gonna blow a gasket if your blood pressure goes any higher man... calm down... take a deep breath.. and think you'll be home soon. and can listen to some nice calming music on your rig.. and drink a cocktail. :D

That's pretty funny. This is pretty much what I did. Plus the wife and I cooked dinner together.

I think I'll skip the mamma san house and just curl up to the wife. A/C was a good solution but with 4 kids it's not going to happen.

I will get my blood pressure meds filled and go back to the grind.

Thanks for letting me vent guys and all the good advice.

It's funny, I was on job sites from Nov. '06 to March '07 putting in 96 to 108 hour weeks and felt fine. I go to 8 hours a day in the office and I'm a mess.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    glad you are feeling better... it's not the long days it's the 8 hours in the office that will kill ya.. that and stupid coworkers. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Yoga and exercise! A regular routine of this will keep the stress levels down, and keep you in better health.

If that don't work, go on a bender with a fist full of $100 bills in a whorehouse!:eek:
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Yoga and exercise! A regular routine of this will keep the stress levels down, and keep you in better health.

If that don't work, go on a bender with a fist full of $100 bills in a whorehouse!:eek:

Atlantic City has been suggested already!:D :p
  • MSALLA
    edited May 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »

In the short term that would be awsome. However, the stress fromthe divorce would kill me. The bender is up and coming but the hour in the whorehouse would not be worth the cost. Those days have been and gone.:cool:
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    I feel your pain brother. My job is getting really old really fast as well. Im just sick of lifting heavy **** for a living. Ive been doing it for over 10 years now.

I took this latest job cause I was supposed to be the draft tech (installing, servicing and maintaining draft lines) and run a small delivery route as well. Well my "small" delivery route has literally DOUBLED in size as has the number of draft accounts Im now responsible for. So Im now running a full size delivery route (mostly 200 lbs kegs) AND Im still the draft tech.

Im getting REALLY effing tired of it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MSALLA
    edited May 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I feel your pain brother. My job is getting really old really fast as well. Im just sick of lifting heavy **** for a living. Ive been doing it for over 10 years now.

I took this latest job cause I was supposed to be the draft tech (installing, servicing and maintaining draft lines) and run a small delivery route as well. Well my "small" delivery route has literally DOUBLED in size as has the number of draft accounts Im now responsible for. So Im now running a full size delivery route (mostly 200 lbs kegs) AND Im still the draft tech.

Im getting REALLY effing tired of it.

That job sounds like a killer.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • venomclan
    edited May 2007
    I just play GTA San Andreas when stressed. I get to blow people away in in good fun.
    V
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    I hate being stressed out from work. I was telling the wife I wanna get away soon. Maybe I'll go with a bunch of guys to thailand. :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction