Ahoy, humpback whales!!

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
You'd think that the re-opening of the collapsed freeway overpass to San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would be big news here in the Bay Area. But nothing beats the story on the wayward humpback whales swimming towards freedom.
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2007
    It's funny how the things in this world that effect a minority of our population make the big news. Whales swimming around in the ocean - In. The freeway that everyone uses and causes people to be late for work - Out. It really makes me wonder who calls the shots on these things. He must live in the water and use a jet-pack to get to work or something.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    You never know, in a few hundred years, some alien civilization may come looking for those humpback whales, and someone may have to travel back in time in order to bring them back and save civilization.

[/star trek 4]
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! My favorite ST movie!

But it is an endangered species. Why? We damn near hunted it into extinction.

I figure everything on this planet was put here for a reason, everything must serve some kind of purpose. If we can help them out, we should.

bobman1235 wrote: »
    You never know, in a few hundred years, some alien civilization may come looking for those humpback whales, and someone may have to travel back in time in order to bring them back and save civilization.

[/star trek 4]
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    It looks like a lot of Sushi going to waste by chasing them out to sea:eek:
    Carl

• SWFalken
    SWFalken Posts: 136
    edited June 2007
    Actually since they are mammals, would they not be better grilled ;)
    "I drank what?" Socrates :eek:
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Danny, you know the whales are more important because freeways only carry polluting vehicles which are bad.

I wonder what they are saying about this in Japan.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    Polk65 wrote: »
    I wonder what they are saying about this in Japan.
    They are waiting for our radioactive waters to affect the whales by causing them to grow legs and don large rubber costumes then run wild destroying our decadent american cities.

WhaZilla
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • jkn
    jkn Posts: 133
    edited June 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    They are waiting for our radioactive waters to affect the whales by causing them to grow legs and don large rubber costumes then run wild destroying our decadent american cities.

WhaZilla

You've made me very, very happy. Where's my flashlight?
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    What cracks me up is everyone assuming they are lost. Maybe they were sent on a secret reconnasaince mission in an effort to save humanity. :cool:
    They probably knew exactly what they were doing!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones