Lacrosse Championship

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Looks like a rematch from 2 years ago when Johns Hopkins won it. Duke is favored, but i'm hopeful that Hopkins can pull it out once again. This is going to be one helluva game!

Even if Duke wins, I'll be happy due to all the BS that went on with the program over the rape case.

Tomorrow at 1pm, I'll be glued to the TV! Go Bluejays!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    Going into this tourney, I said I hoped anyone would win but Hopkins or Duke. It just goes to show how much my opinion matters to the lacrosse powers-that-be.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    One of the greatest sports. Should be a good game. But, I'll take box lacrosse any day of the week.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    edited May 2007
    Damn I wish I could see this. Hopkins class of '83. I've never understood why this sport is not more popular. More violent that hockey, faster than basketball.
  • shawn474
    edited May 2007
    For those that follow the sport, there was a great article in the washington post yesterday about the popularity of the sport but the lack of growth. Programs cannot add the sport as much as they want to because of the Title IX rules. Schools that have football and men's lacrosse find it very difficult to comply to Title IX. That being said, there were 52,00 tickets sold for the NCAA championship at M&T Bank Stadium, making it second only to football and men's basketball as far as attendance at the NCAA championship event. Here's the link....http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/25/AR2007052502283.html
    Shawn
  • Strong Bad
    edited May 2007
    Good article Shawn, thanks. They've been setting attendance records every year and it keeps climbing.

LAX really does have everything you could want...fast hard hitting action and (usually) high scoring games. My highschool years (class of '85) here in Baltimore, it was wildly popular. We all had LAX sticks and played around the neighborhood fields. STX and Brine Lacrosse were the only manufacturers of equipment back then. I'm sure everyone is trying to jump on the bandwagon now (Nike, etc..).

Hmm, I might just have to buy a new stick and start throwing the old ball around a bit again. :D

Tomorrow at 1pm on ESPN...go JAYS!

John
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    edited May 2007
    What an AMAZING game! One of the best sports championships I've ever seen!

Hopkins takes the crown! Incredible run by Duke though.

John
    No excuses!
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited May 2007
    shitlins. i was hoping Duke would win, especially due to all the hell those boys went through last year.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,679
    edited May 2007
    Just read the story on NYT's website... sounds like it was a **** of a game.

All y'all Polk fans should be JHU fans... as that is Matthew's alma mater. Mine, too (twice). BA 1980, Ph.D. 1987.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,679
    edited May 2007
    Not me... just watched.
  • shawn474
    edited May 2007
    Never played but have worked directly with the sport (sports medicine for University of Maryland) for about the last ten years or so.

Shawn
    Shawn
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    That was a great championship game. Duke should not be ashamed they played their butts off.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.