A tragic accident...

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Please remember the family of my good friend and neighbor, Russ Lamb, in your prayers. Russ died last night in a terrible accident when his Harley t-boned a car that pulled out in front of him. He leaves behind his wife and two sons...one adult and one just entering high school. I had to drive by the scene of the accident today. I saw the skid mark...and I saw the blood stain on the highway. I wish I hadn't. RIP Russ. He leaves this earth way too soon at 52.

I know this may sound strange, but please remember and pray for the young girl (19) who caused the accident and her family as well. I know another young lady who has just been through the hell this girl is about to enter. I know she did not mean to take a life, but through her carelessness or whatever the case may be...her life will never be the same either.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear this...

Will keep both parties in my thoughts.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Very, very tragic. Prayers are sent and I hope for her sake that this sinks in.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Sad news. I will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers. Very sad
    Carl

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Sorry too hear, they are in my prayers. And yes I think its a very high person who can see if will effect a young driver.

It's one of my biggest fears of riding a bike and I haven't ridding in years because of it.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    You got it bro.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    sorry to hear about your friend.. my thoughts are with you and his family. RIP
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss. It could have been me last evening. I almost t-boned someone pulling out of a side street onto a 35mph boulevard and not looking. Thankfully there was no one behind me and I was able to slam the brakes.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    My sympathies. It seems to be a tragic year.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear this. Will be in my prayers.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Both families in my prayers
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Prayer's sent...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    Aweful.. I will pray for both of the families...
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    Very sorry about your friend.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Sorry about the loss of your friend.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    My condolences.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jeffquadski
    jeffquadski Posts: 5
    edited May 2007
    My condolences for both of the families and friends whose lives will never be the same.

**a reminder to all to use extra caution and look extra hard for motorcyclists and please remind your family and friends to put the cell phones away while driving.**
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
    My condolences. Always hate to hear about motorcycle accidents.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2007
    It's so sad when a pleasant ride on a bike turns tragic. My condolences.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited May 2007
    Condolences to friends and family. Over twenty years ago I had to put a bike down on its side and incur some road rash on the knee to avoid a situation like this.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited May 2007
    Prayers sent out to both families. I was in the same type of accident many years ago. I still bare the scars.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    It could be said that it is better to leave this place by misadventure rather than by other means. Prayers sent.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    It could be said that it is better to leave this place by misadventure rather than by other means. Prayers sent.

My wife and I had this discussion yesterday. Is it better to go the way Russ did...with NO warning that the end is at at hand? Or to know and be able to make peace and get you affairs in order like with an illness? I sorta of think the former is the way to go. At the church service tonight I spoke to one of our friends that had talked to Russ just minutes before his death. It was a beautiful evening and he had made an after work run to the dam at a local state park which is about a 30 mile round trip. He was having fun and enjoying the ride...then it all just ended.

However, I think it may be harder for the family with a sudden loss...having to come to grips with death in short order. With a long illness the family is often prepared and actually ready for the loved one to not be in pain anymore.

I really want to thank each of you for your prayers and thoughts. The family will have a hard time...especially his 14 year old son. I felt really sorry for him tonight...standing in front of the casket shaking hands with well wishers he didn't know and not really having the social skills to know how to handle the situation. Given the circumstances he held up well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    shack wrote: »
    My wife and I had this discussion yesterday. Is it better to go the way Russ did...with NO warning that the end is at at hand? Or to know and be able to make peace and get you affairs in order like with an illness? I sorta of think the former is the way to go. At the church service tonight I spoke to one of our friends that had talked to Russ just minutes before his death. It was a beautiful evening and he had made an after work run to the dam at a local state park which is about a 30 mile round trip. He was having fun and enjoying the ride...then it all just ended.

However, I think it may be harder for the family with a sudden loss...having to come to grips with death in short order. With a long illness the family is often prepared and actually ready for the loved one to not be in pain anymore.

I really want to thank each of you for your prayers and thoughts. The family will have a hard time...especially his 14 year old son. I felt really sorry for him tonight...standing in front of the casket shaking hands with well wishers he didn't know and not really having the social skills to know how to handle the situation. Given the circumstances he held up well.

That's just rough man....I personally wouldn't want to know if I was going to die, but I can see how it would be a lot easier on the family if they had the time to adjust to it....I feel for his son, hopefully someone will step up and help the family out.:(
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Ill have a good thought for you and his family.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Condolences Shack, a glass raised to Russ, the people that loved him, and the people he loved.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited May 2007
    I am really sorry to hear about your friend and will put him in my prayers along with his family. Same goes for the girl involved as I'm sure this isn't going to be easy for her to live with.

Cindy
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Wow Steve my heart hurts! Me and my family's prayers will go up for all involved.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    My prayers will go out too.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited May 2007
    Please remember the family of my good friend and neighbor, Russ Lamb, in your prayers.
    My condolences.
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited May 2007
    I have to go along with you about the sudden loss and the long illness situations. All of a sudden having to "pick up the pieces" and going on with life is a very hard thing to do.

I really "feel" for his wife. His wife is going to go through depression like she never had before and what will make it harder for her is that she'll have to put up a good front for her two sons (depending on their age). This, more than likely, will be one of the hardest things she'll ever have to deal with. Things will slowly get better for her, oh so very slowly.

I know, widower and single parent for 23 years...
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...