DB651 grille on MOMOmmc650 speakers???

sduck
sduck Posts: 4
edited May 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
That's the question - will the plastic grille from a db651 fit on a momo mmc650? They're both 6 1/2 in speakers, roughly the same size, but I installed the momo's in the back originally, and didn't use the grilles so I disposed of them, and now want to switch them around with the 651's in the front, which I still have the grilles for.
Post edited by sduck on

Comments

• sduck
    edited May 2007
    Hmmm.... perhaps no-one knows. Well then, are there any after market speaker grilles that'll fit the mmc650's?
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    I know a really easy way to find out.
  • sduck
    edited May 2007
    Yes, I belive I know that way too. But time is short these days, and I have to pull out the whole door panel to detach the front speakers, and it's a fairly big project just to find out if it's going to work or not, hence my query here. My guess was that someone knowledgeable from polk or an installer might know, and save me ther effort if they KNOW it isn't going to work.

But then again, maybe no-one's actually been in a situation where this was an issue. Then I'll just have to find out on my own!

Thanks!
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2007
    It won't work- the eye socket that holds the Momo tweeter in place and lets it swivel is bigger than the db tweeter. So the db651 grill stops on the Momo tweeter and doesn't make contact with the outer ring of the mid.

Call Kim in customer service at (800) 377- 7655 x208 and we can get you a set of Momo grills.
  • sduck
    edited May 2007
    Thanks! I'll give her a call.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2007
    Kim's a guy - common mistake -- and old joke :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge