membership without owning Polks in here

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey,

can someone post in here without being a registered member?

or

can someone register to post in the forum without owning any Polk speakers?

I'm asking because I have a friend who is just getting into the world of audio... he is very much into the vintage side of gear.... and he's very bright and laid back.. LOL sounds like some speakers I have heard. :p

anyway.. i was just curious if someone can participate in here if they don't own any polk speakers and never has owned any Polks. Unlike Sid who has owned nearly every brand of speaker in the universe. ;)
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    I don't see why he couldn't.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2007
    Just have them email me to buy one of my many pairs of sda/monitor series polks ;):p:D .
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    Just have them email me to buy one of my many pairs of sda/monitor series polks ;):p:D .

Ha ha ha! :D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2007
    Sure, sure. Why not? He can join my ranks.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    Hey,

can someone post in here without being a registered member?

or

can someone register to post in the forum without owning any Polk speakers?

I'm asking because I have a friend who is just getting into the world of audio... he is very much into the vintage side of gear.... and he's very bright and laid back.. LOL sounds like some speakers I have heard. :p

anyway.. i was just curious if someone can participate in here if they don't own any polk speakers and never has owned any Polks. Unlike Sid who has owned nearly every brand of speaker in the universe. ;)

No and yes, most defintely. There is no prerequisite about having to own Polk speakers to join the forum and participate. I'm not aware of any way to post without becoming a member. He can read all he wants but to interact you have to join.

H9

P.s. Once you join your doomed
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    No and yes, most defintely. There is no prerequisite about having to own Polk speakers to join the forum and participate. I'm not aware of any way to post without becoming a member. He can read all he wants but to interact you have to join.

H9

P.s. Once you join your doomed

Ok. thanks... i'll let him know.. :)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    We should start charging a fee for all members that don't own Polk; use that for beer at Polkfests.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2007
    When I joined back in 1998, I had to put in a serial number of one Polk speaker to proceed with the registration. While there are a million ways around this, I am not sure if it still applies.

Anyhow, get him on board so we can shred him. Bright and laid back is 50 points!

If bright was a requirment here, we would all be in trouble...j/k Just you guys:D
    V
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007

got a list of these speakers :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    I think you are supposed to own a Polk Product, not limited to speakers. For those that do not, well, its fine, we will patiently show you the error of your path.

RT1
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited May 2007
    6-pack sent to all members first...then he's good to go.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MGPK
    MGPK Posts: 88
    edited May 2007
    I think you are supposed to own a Polk Product, not limited to speakers. For those that do not, well, its fine, we will patiently show you the error of your path.

RT1

What if you don't own Polk but sell Polk instead?
    System:

H/K AVR430 Receiver
    Samsung DVDHD841 Dvd player
    Yamaha CDC506 5 Disc changer
    Jamo E855 Tower speakers
    Wharfdale Pacific P-10 Bookshelf speakers
    Acoustic Research Master Series Interconnects
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    I don't own any Polk products currently, but my interest in vintage Polks and the LSi series in particular is what brought me here....When I get can save some cash, I am thinking SDA.....Maybe some LSi7s for the bedroom....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    Back when I first joined...

I think I entered the serial number to RT35i or RT25i - not sure...

However as I come to understand, that requirement has since passed.

I think its cool that Polk kind of lets us go no holds barred - we have alot of different owners here and we all get along peacefully. We all genuinely love Polk - as a company or as a product or as both. So -- it all works out. :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007

I'M IN !!

When may I expect shipment ? You're not charging for shipping, right ?

This is a Kharma, isn't it ?

Do they have the upgraded tweeters ?

If they arrive with any kind of damage, how may I expect you to reimburse me ?

What kind of guarantee are you giving with these ?

Can I win more than once ?

Is the Club Polk discount in effect for this Kharma and, if not, why not ? I don't think it'd be right if you don't include the Club Polk discount. You shouldn't be so cheap. It's not fair.

When are you going to email me the tracking number ? I've been waiting for 10 minutes now, and haven't heard SQUAT !!

.....okay, it's been 15 minutes now, and I'm starting to get PISSED !!!

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    MGPK wrote: »
    What if you don't own Polk but sell Polk instead?

If I'm not mistaken, I think you're fobidden from not only posting, but from reading posts on here.

There's also some travel limitations after dark, and you're ability to congregate in groups of more than 4.
    Sal Palooza