uBer Auto

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,161
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Corvette eater :p
Charger eater :p
Ferarri eater :p

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_2007.shtml

Ok car guys don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm NOT trying to start a pissing match. But this is the ultimate GOLF. Sure it won't see production, but just the fact they even built it is cool :cool: :cool: .

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited May 2007
    :eek: That thing is nasty!

In a good way, of course.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    too much power in a little car. wouldnt want to break down in that thing.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    too much power in a little car. wouldnt want to break down in that thing.

Ummm, your taking all the fun out this thread by being practical :p . No room for practicality when you are buying a 650hp twin turbo 12 cylinder hot hatch from the factory.:eek:

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    that is niceeeeeeeeeeee
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Love the top pic of the car on that page... that's the first GTI I actually enjoy looking at. (I love driving them ALL, but never been fond of the looks...) Very sweet. I may get one or two for my personal pleasure... :D:D:D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited May 2007
    That's a one off that will never see production. VW is too conservative for something like that. I doubt it would pass safety regs in the US anyway. Its definitely a cool concept, but in the end, I'd rather have a Ferrari. I just wish VW would have stuck with the 8 cylinder Passat.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited May 2007
    Been done before. Look up the Renault Clio V6 RS.

Then go and find out about Group B Rally.

Now if VW had the balls to actually build it, I'd be more impressed. But obviously this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I'll have to go with ohskigod's sentiments though. That W12 is a pig of an engine. Pig meaning heavy. It won't fit any other way but in the back seat either. It will totally upset the balance of the GTi. It'd be a straight line bullet if they built it and would probably kill it's owner the first time it was run hard. The car could half the weight of the engine by strapping on a high-strung version of the VR6 from the R32 and ditching the AWD. Mid-mount that engine with a sequential turbo system and it could see the 650 horses with half the weight and it'd probably blow right past 202 MPH and still handle quite well.

The power isn't the issue. How they chose to get the power is. They have quite a few different engines in thier stable yet they chose thier W12 engine which is pretty low-tech comparativly. It's nothing really fancy outside of two V6's sharing a common crank and common throws on that crank. The engine management system is the high tech part. Then again, add 4 more cylinders to that engine and two more turbos and you have what's under the hood of the Bugatti Veyron.

I dunno. That Golf looks sharp but to me it's nothing more than an excited kid at the corner of the playground yelling "look at me! look at me!" and that kind of deflates it for me.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Been done before. Look up the Renault Clio V6 RS.

Then go and find out about Group B Rally.

Now if VW had the balls to actually build it, I'd be more impressed. But obviously this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I'll have to go with ohskigod's sentiments though. That W12 is a pig of an engine. Pig meaning heavy. It won't fit any other way but in the back seat either. It will totally upset the balance of the GTi. It'd be a straight line bullet if they built it and would probably kill it's owner the first time it was run hard. The car could half the weight of the engine by strapping on a high-strung version of the VR6 from the R32 and ditching the AWD. Mid-mount that engine with a sequential turbo system and it could see the 650 horses with half the weight and it'd probably blow right past 202 MPH and still handle quite well.

The power isn't the issue. How they chose to get the power is. They have quite a few different engines in thier stable yet they chose thier W12 engine which is pretty low-tech comparativly. It's nothing really fancy outside of two V6's sharing a common crank and common throws on that crank. The engine management system is the high tech part. Then again, add 4 more cylinders to that engine and two more turbos and you have what's under the hood of the Bugatti Veyron.

I dunno. That Golf looks sharp but to me it's nothing more than an excited kid at the corner of the playground yelling "look at me! look at me!" and that kind of deflates it for me.

Geez dad.. take all the fun outta of it.

:D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    I want one.Oh wait it's not American made, guess I'll have to find a chevette and shoe horn a 502 in it:D :D:D
  • Jstas
    edited May 2007
    That nutcase Magnante did that a few years ago in Hot Rod Magazine!

• Jstas
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Geez dad.. take all the fun outta of it.

:D

It's a slow day at work. Besides, this is nothing more than bench racing and that's all I'm doing.