Music Tastes..

TennesseeOutlaw
TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just wondering if anyone on the forum listened to "dance" music? I.E. house, trance, jungle, etc etc..

Please try and refrain from telling me how bad "dance" or "techno" music is please, if you do NOT like it, nor listen to it..

Im just trying to find maybe a cpl three people that I could chat about music with.

Thanks,

Josh
Post edited by TennesseeOutlaw on

Comments

• jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited May 2007
    www.di.fm My fav stream for vocal trance
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited May 2007
    I will check that out tonite, thank you.. Personally, I listen to BBC Radio One.. There are about 25 different "dance" related shows on there.. Might want to give that a look.. Not sure if what you would listen to is on there, but Im sure its worth a look..

J
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited May 2007
    fav trance: astral projection, infected mushroom. not very original choices by they still rock.

I love anything David Thrussell does. (in particular the black lung and snog projects)

but above all, DJ shadow is a genius.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    I like some of the ambience music like Oakenfold but for the most part, Im a headbanger!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    I'm getting old!:(

Enjoy guys!
    Carl

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Dance and Techno music is BAD... Evil, from the devil... you shouldn't listen to it... ever.

:D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    That techno thumping makes me nauseous!!! I'm getting old too!!!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    TNOutlaw - Brett22 might be a good Mormon to PM about this genre.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2007
    I have a few trance CD's I like a lot. Trip in TRance 1 and 2.

I'm on a major Latin jazz kick these days. It really makes the SDA's shine.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited May 2007
    That techno thumping makes me nauseous!!! I'm getting old too!!!

And that is my favorite part.. The lower and louder the bass the better!!

It certainly is a genre of music that MUST be listened to at high levels.. Otherwise, you just dont get the intended effect..
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited May 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I like some of the ambience music like Oakenfold but for the most part, Im a headbanger!

I like Oakenfold as well.. He has put out quite a few good songs/cd's.. Ive seen him live 4x over the years.. Great show as well..
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    I really enjoy Squarepusher and his several million different styles.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore