Survey question

Comments

• Schwingding
    Schwingding Posts: 363
    edited May 2007
    YOUR response will be one of the more interesting parts of the survey results.
    Jstas wrote: »
    OK, if you REALLY want to nitpick, it can be assumed that since you put 'yellow polka dot bikini' in double quotes, you are at least referencing a popular culture idea if not the popular song of a similar name. Therefore, it can be assumed that as already mentioned there is a yellow base color with any color dots. On top of that, your original post even asks "What color are the dots?" and then states that it is for a sociology study. It can then follow that since you asked specifically for the dot color, made a popular culture reference to illustrate the idea of your question and then stated that it was a question for a sociology survey, one can expect the question to not be a "trick question" based on punctuation semantics or delibratly misleading. If either of those cases were true, unless the goal of the study was to mislead survey participants, any other goal would be invalid because the results would achieved under false pretenses and there would be no correlation between the goal of the study and the collected data set.

Since you are not complaining that the answers are not what you are looking for, I would suggest that jdhdiggs stop being such a killjoy. If the answers are not what you are looking for, you should rephrase your question.

That said, the dots on a yellow bikini with polka dots should be RED!

And there should be a slinky, well-tanned brunette filling out that bikini!

If the dots need to be yellow and the base color is what we need to choose then I still choose red but make the girl a blonde.
    HT/music rig
    Panasonic PX60U 50" plasma
    Yamaha 5990 AVR
    Onix SP3 tube amp
    bunch of Outlaw 2200 monoblocks
    DUAL SVS PB12+/2 subs :eek:
    Denon 3910 DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    DirecTV HR10-250 DVR
    Onix Strata Mini mains
    Mirage OM10 surrounds
    Polk CSi5 center
    Polk SC80 rear surrounds
    Samsung BDP1000 blu-ray player

Bedroom rig
    Jolida SJ302a tube amp
    Denon 2910 universal player
    Onix Ref 1 monitors
    Velodyne minivee
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    Red*
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Captain hypocrisy strikes again.... :rolleyes:

Lighten up, I did it on purpose. It was a simple survey question about bikinis. You were the one who went all technical on the guy. Get the stick outta your butt there "Mr. Literal".
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited May 2007
    YOUR response will be one of the more interesting parts of the survey results.

Why? What could possibly be so interesting about "RED"? The rest wasn't a response to your survey question. It was a response to the assertion that the survey question was misleading in one way or another.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited May 2007
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    OK, if you REALLY want to nitpick, it can be assumed that since you put 'yellow polka dot bikini' in double quotes, you are at least referencing a popular culture idea if not the popular song of a similar name. Therefore, it can be assumed that as already mentioned there is a yellow base color with any color dots. On top of that, your original post even asks "What color are the dots?" and then states that it is for a sociology study. It can then follow that since you asked specifically for the dot color, made a popular culture reference to illustrate the idea of your question and then stated that it was a question for a sociology survey, one can expect the question to not be a "trick question" based on punctuation semantics or delibratly misleading. If either of those cases were true, unless the goal of the study was to mislead survey participants, any other goal would be invalid because the results would achieved under false pretenses and there would be no correlation between the goal of the study and the collected data set.

Since you are not complaining that the answers are not what you are looking for, I would suggest that jdhdiggs stop being such a killjoy. If the answers are not what you are looking for, you should rephrase your question.

That said, the dots on a yellow bikini with polka dots should be RED!

And there should be a slinky, well-tanned brunette filling out that bikini!

If the dots need to be yellow and the base color is what we need to choose then I still choose red but make the girl a blonde.

Well put.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    Impossible for it to be anything but white.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    Lighten up, I did it on purpose. It was a simple survey question about bikinis. You were the one who went all technical on the guy. Get the stick outta your butt there "Mr. Literal".

Who needs to lighten up, the person who had the two sentance sarcastic answer or the guy who wrote a huge freaking paragraph on the topic calling other people out? :rolleyes:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    It's amazing what club polk will argue about.

A yellow polka dot bikini.

BTW, nice answer Shelby, glad to see someone else get it right.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

What am I, chopped liver over here? :p
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Pancreas
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited May 2007
    I'd like to change my response....

Nipple.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited May 2007
    red longerlonger
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2007

I know! What the hell are these idiots saying 'red' thinking? Someone please, explain to me how it can be anything but white.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2007
    White
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I know! What the hell are these idiots saying 'red' thinking? Someone please, explain to me how it can be anything but white.

My mind said, "Red" so how can my mind be wrong?!?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    I'm color blind and it's definitely grey......yeah, grey. Or blue. Could be red. No, yellow!

I don't know, I'll have to ask my dog.:rolleyes:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    My mind said, "Red" so how can my mind be wrong?!?

It just is.
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited May 2007
    Skynut wrote: »
    In the video first released by Brian Hyland and Paul Smith in August of 1960 a young brunette in a yellow bikini with red dots is dancing promiscuously on the beach after finally breaking free of her shyness. It caused a lot of controversy for it's time and was an instant hit on VH1 and MTV.
    light grey bikini with black dots (in 1960 my tv was b&w).
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.BLUE
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    CYAN

Yep, about another page of guessing, and I figure folks will be calling each other out to the parking lot for a fist fight.

.....which is why I posted the correct answer of cyan
    Sal Palooza
  • Schwingding
    Schwingding Posts: 363
    edited May 2007
    There is no correct answer!!! Thanks guys, I need about 500 more responses, which I'm sure I'll manage to get at the beach this weekend. (and hopefully spot a polka dot bikini or two in the process)
    HT/music rig
    Panasonic PX60U 50" plasma
    Yamaha 5990 AVR
    Onix SP3 tube amp
    bunch of Outlaw 2200 monoblocks
    DUAL SVS PB12+/2 subs :eek:
    Denon 3910 DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    DirecTV HR10-250 DVR
    Onix Strata Mini mains
    Mirage OM10 surrounds
    Polk CSi5 center
    Polk SC80 rear surrounds
    Samsung BDP1000 blu-ray player

Bedroom rig
    Jolida SJ302a tube amp
    Denon 2910 universal player
    Onix Ref 1 monitors
    Velodyne minivee
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited May 2007
    In the yogurt commercial, "She wore a", I want to say they are red.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Nice ****!
    Carl

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2007
    FWIW.....The wife said white.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    White, of course.

+1
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited May 2007
    Blue
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    There is no correct answer!!!

Well if there IS no correct answer you certainly came to the right place to ask the question... club polk. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    It just is.

Wanna say that to my face mister....
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front