Anyone familiar with the eclipse cd8053

tsiawd1028
tsiawd1028 Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, my setup was, clarion dxz955mc, jl 500/5 , Polk db components, polk db sub. I was very happy with this setup, would get decently loud, and stay pretty clear. Also i had an extemly low noise floor, i would really never notice an audible hiss or white noise.

I just picked up a cd8053 from a friend, at a price too good to passup, So i figured what the hell, specs wise it should be an improvment, 8v pre outs, no internal amp, dctodc power converter....

I did a just swapped the headunits and changed nothing else, and now i have a little noticable white noise at the first audible level of volume control. With High voltage pre outs i was figuring this thing to have leess noise... I lowered my gains on the amp to accomodate for the higher input voltage, but its still there.. any tips?

Also since this radio can do ballanced output, it has double the sets of pre outs, like their front + front -, rear +, Rear -, ect... Since im not using the balanced output i am just conecting my rca's to the positive outputs, is this right?, since i have no manual and eclipse doesnt have any info at all ....