I Hate Insurance Companies!!

joeparaski
joeparaski Posts: 1,865
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Yes, I've been screwed before with the "fine print".

As I posted in another thread, my wife and I are taking a cruise. So the travel agent asks if I want cancellation insurance, I say yes, since my dad is quite ill and could go anytime, I'd have to cancel my trip, so it would be a smart thing to get the insurance.

But get this.....the insurance does NOT cover in this case, because since my dad is already sick, and there is a risk of death, there is NO coverage!! What kind of a f'd up system is that? This leaves the insurance company to cancel for almost any reason.

I suppose that if I had a son that played hockey, and he broke his leg before the departure, I'd have to cancel. And most likely the insurance company will say that I'm not covered, since playing hockey can potentially result in a broken leg.

What the hell is cancellation insurance good for anyways?

Man I hate insurance companies.
Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
Post edited by joeparaski on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Insurance companies have you by your BALLS... A love, hate relationship IMHO.

If I had the $$ I self insure myself heck I must have paid them 10 to 1 what I ever got out of them. And if your in an accident they try to get there cost out of the other insurance company so what are they out? Then they build those huge buildings around town.

Heck lets face it Banks and Insurance companies hold all the cards in life.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited May 2007
    Insurance is the biggest scam out there. We'll sell you something but you better damn well not need it or the deal is off.........now that's a sweet business.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    That's a kick in the &5**! Joe.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Yep, you have to read the fine print on insurance policies. I like the policies that include everything except items that are stated as excluded. No mortal person can ever come up with a list of items that may need covering.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    I read the small print of a insurance policies and refused to sign, the company couldn't believe it. It was Termite bond which was to guarantee the work that they did 10 yrs prior when the house was built. But in the small print I tell you what if any termite ate anything in this house they had a cause to denial any claim. That company wouldn't pay dime 1 to anyone with that small print.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Exactly. It's actually a business strategy. It's a way to guarantee future business by selling an insurance policy. If you don't pay for ongoing maintenance, you lose your ability to use your insurance policy. Sure they end up paying on a few policies, but they come out way ahead in the increase of business.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    Insurance and Pharmacuetical campanies rule the world.. They do what they want, when they want too..