Chiropractor relief...Amazing!!

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I've been having some slight to moderate back pain for some time now. I chalked it up to the aging process & just lived with it. It didn't slow me down to where I was concerned. Then I started getting a pain in my right leg that kept getting worse. So bad in fact that I couldn't drive for more than 5 minutes without being in agony, & I mean agony. From the lower back all the way down to my foot the pain was just unbearable. When I stood up I got some relief but I knew there was something wrong. So off to the Doc I go & he says it's the Sciatic nerve that's causing me my problem. He scheduled an MRI to take a look at my discs. But in the mean time I visit my Chiropractor & tell him what's been going on. He did a number on me, but let me tell you, when I left his office I was walking 110% better & the drive home (25 min) was absolutely pain free. Talk about instant relief!! He gave me a few execrisec to do & I just went back today for my 2wk followup. I have had no pain during those 2 weeks. Man, am I impressed!! He told me to keep doing the execrises & come back in 4 wks for a visit. I'll be there like clockwork. Anybody have any similar experiences. The MRI came back showing no disc damage. What a relief.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Phil,

I know your pain all to well. I have a blown disc in my back between L4 and L5. When i throw my back out I get the sciatic pain on both sides. (cant even walk at that point) Spent alot of time at the chiropractor and it helped alot. For me the pain will always return but hopefully for you its fixed. Me I need surgury to compleatly fix me but i'm holding off on that option as a last resort.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    I feel for you guys with back pain. Good friend of mine has chronic back problems, 3 surgeries, etc, etc. Sometimes the poor guy can't even walk. I work in a warehouse and do alot of heavy lifting, so I am real careful about how I pick things up to avoid problems later--but at 45, sometimes I have a bad back day, though mine is muscle soreness, no disk problems.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited May 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Phil,

I know your pain all to well. I have a blown disc in my back between L4 and L5. When i throw my back out I get the sciatic pain on both sides. (cant even walk at that point) Spent alot of time at the chiropractor and it helped alot. For me the pain will always return but hopefully for you its fixed. Me I need surgury to compleatly fix me but i'm holding off on that option as a last resort.

Dave,

I feel for ya! I thought I was bad off. I hope you don't aggrivate it any more. Hopefully can you skate bye without the surgery. But if it comes to that I wish you the best of luck.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited May 2007
    One February morning, back in 1995, I experienced a horrible sneeze. As I bended over in the "mid-sneeze", I heard something "snapped" in the back. To make a long story short, I couldn't straighten my back by dinner time and I had to be carried back to bed. I was a college student then and had no medical insurance. I went to my university's student health center and all they did was gave me some painkilling pills and some instructions for exercise. After 3 months, I was still in pain and the student health center thinks I have a blown disc.

By June, I was graduating. My dad passed away earlier in the year and I had to travel back to China to take care of some personal matters for the family. My mom asked her sister there to see if I can get some accupuncture while in China. Three visits within one week, with a combination of accupuncture and massages, I've been pain free ever since. No drugs at all. I was skeptical at first, but I am a believer now. I don't know what they did, but it worked....and it cost less than one doctor's visit here in the US.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    One February morning, back in 1995, I experienced a horrible sneeze. As I bended over in the "mid-sneeze", I heard something "snapped" in the back. To make a long story short, I couldn't straighten my back by dinner time and I had to be carried back to bed. I was a college student then and had no medical insurance. I went to my university's student health center and all they did was gave me some painkilling pills and some instructions for exercise. After 3 months, I was still in pain and the student health center thinks I have a blown disc.

By June, I was graduating. My dad passed away earlier in the year and I had to travel back to China to take care of some personal matters for the family. My mom asked her sister there to see if I can get some accupuncture while in China. Three visits within one week, with a combination of accupuncture and massages, I've been pain free ever since. No drugs at all. I was skeptical at first, but I am a believer now. I don't know what they did, but it worked....and it cost less than one doctor's visit here in the US.

Danny what a story. I've heard nothing but great things about accupuncture and that was going to be my next step to try the next time the back goes out on me. Knock on wood i've been basicly pain free for about 6 weeks.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2007
    You guys won't believe this cure, but here is my story.

I had chronic back pain for many years. I went to chiropractors, I had physio-therapy, electric shocks, and accupuncture....nothing worked. I walked crooked (like the tower of Pisa) and I would sometime have to crawl out of my car with tears of pain and then hold myself on the counter while working.

X-rays showed that my spine was crooked and surgery was recommended. After hearing some horror stories of people that had surgery, I figured that I'd just have to live with the pain.

Then one day at work, a customer, an older gentleman who was a retired chiropractor, saw the pain I was in and came over to talk to me. I told him that I already tried chiropractor and it didn't work. He asked me to hold out my right arm outstretched, I did, and he told me to hold it as straight as I could while he pushed down on it. I held it pretty good. Then he said hold it outstretched again, only this time he applied pressure to my side and pushed down on my arm, and the arm went straight down. He asked me if I drink alot of milk, as said I drank plenty of milk. He said stop drinking milk and your problem will go away.

I nearly laughed out loud at such a ridiculous test. But later, I figured what the hell, these old guys have tricks and methods gained from experience so it couldn't possibly hurt to try it. After all, what did I have to lose except the pleasure of drinking milk? So I stopped drinking milk.

A month or so later, I was virtually pain-free and my spine was no longer crooked!!

That guy pretty much saved my life. Occasionally when I meet someone with back pain, I'll ask if they drink lots of milk, and most of the time the answer is yes. I tell them my story, and unless they had some sort of accident, the milk trick works!!!

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I don't care what you say, I've been to the bone cracker twice and have to go to him twice a week for a while and as far as I am concerned it is a torture chamber. I've gotten no relief as a matter of fact my lower back pain has increased and is covering a wider area. My sciatica pain on the other side has increased also. Until further notice I think the bone crackers are quacks!!!

EDIT, I don't drink milk although I just started taking calcium/magnesium/zinc suppliments and got hit by a car!!!!
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited May 2007
    joeparaski wrote: »
    You guys won't believe this cure, but here is my story.

I had chronic back pain for many years. I went to chiropractors, I had physio-therapy, electric shocks, and accupuncture....nothing worked. I walked crooked (like the tower of Pisa) and I would sometime have to crawl out of my car with tears of pain and then hold myself on the counter while working.

X-rays showed that my spine was crooked and surgery was recommended. After hearing some horror stories of people that had surgery, I figured that I'd just have to live with the pain.

Then one day at work, a customer, an older gentleman who was a retired chiropractor, saw the pain I was in and came over to talk to me. I told him that I already tried chiropractor and it didn't work. He asked me to hold out my right arm outstretched, I did, and he told me to hold it as straight as I could while he pushed down on it. I held it pretty good. Then he said hold it outstretched again, only this time he applied pressure to my side and pushed down on my arm, and the arm went straight down. He asked me if I drink alot of milk, as said I drank plenty of milk. He said stop drinking milk and your problem will go away.

I nearly laughed out loud at such a ridiculous test. But later, I figured what the hell, these old guys have tricks and methods gained from experience so it couldn't possibly hurt to try it. After all, what did I have to lose except the pleasure of drinking milk? So I stopped drinking milk.

A month or so later, I was virtually pain-free and my spine was no longer crooked!!

That guy pretty much saved my life. Occasionally when I meet someone with back pain, I'll ask if they drink lots of milk, and most of the time the answer is yes. I tell them my story, and unless they had some sort of accident, the milk trick works!!!

Joe

Wow that is an incredible story. Did you ever follow up with the older gentleman for a possible explanation?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited May 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Danny what a story. I've heard nothing but great things about accupuncture and that was going to be my next step to try the next time the back goes out on me. Knock on wood i've been basicly pain free for about 6 weeks.

Well, Fireman, I hope you stay pain free from now on.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    I fell off a ladder onto an I Beam at work a couple years ago and became sorta F'd up for awhile. I eventually went to a chiropractor and the noises from my body being "aligned" were very weird to me. I felt more upright but not neccesarily better and scheduling the visits weekly was quite hard for me due to my job, so I stopped going.

I've had a few bad weeks since then but I don't mind being in pain and I'm an angry man anyways, so it works out just fine. When I can't get up in the morning, hopefully I'll almost be dead so its money in my pocket for now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.